Orion amp push TWO 12" sub ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
No the Orion 225G4 is a 2 channel, I don't think its a 4 channel.

The ONE thing I am very cautious about is, I had an old amp and sub, but my amp was not powerfull enough to handle my stereo at HIGH volume. So I want to make sure when I turn UP my volume..... will my amp and subs be still crisp sound ?

Whats the specs on that amp as long as it is around 400-600 watts it should pound them subs good. And the 4 channel amp wont hurt a sub thats the dumbest thing i think i have heard you say audiolife your one of the smartest in here dude that was a mess up LOL.:p

4 channel amps share one power supply its like runnin an amp with high blood pressure..ask zane...i have never heard a 4 channel that just ran subs out perform the same wattage 2 channel of the same amp in fact the 2 channel kicks its ass and it is same reason i didn't get a memphis belle to run my system too many channels running off one power supply i heard this side by side and until they run super conductors (phat chance) this will hold true unless you are running a cheater 4 channel amp but then again that same total wattage 2 channel of the same technology would beat it.....a small orion is like a medium amp from other companies like sony so i would say you are boarderline (sound quality wise but not @ high volume)...i forgot the 4 channel is called 425g4 lol err just been awhile since i heard anyone ask about orion other amps like this would be old rockford (old punch 45-100) and soundstream 3.0 and 6.0

i have seen a mighty rockford power 4 channel (was either a 600.4 or 800.4 cant remember as this was more than 2 yrs ago) choke powering a set of subs and they were just xlc 12's. what i mean by choke is it got muddy at medium high volume then shut down......sent it to rockford 3 times...each time they said nothing was wrong..as a salesman i rectified this by refunding him his money fully then getting him a power 500 and a punch 125 hehe

Originally posted by STruC Can Orion 225G4 AMP push TWO 12" JL Audio W3 Subwoofers ?

Please let me know ASAP. If it can't which amp should I consider getting to easily push the two 12" JL audio w3 subs ?

Any advice is appreciated.
Yes it will, but I think we covered this chatting away last night as well as a few other options before my ISP dropped my connection.

Have you ordered allready??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.