Options to kill plastic rattle on doors?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ItsHammer

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
My main source of rattle and squeaks from my front doors are the plastic bits on the door itself such as the peice that holds my window buttons. I was thinking of small prices of double sided tape on the inside and small beads of black silicone rubber around the gap. Something I can easily cut into if I have to remove the door panels.

Car is a 2011 jetta

I was going to recommend double sided tape.Its Cheap and easy to apply and works just fine.When applying, If you have or can borrow or rent a Heat Gun(some Autozones will rent them out/Used to),Just heat it up a little so that the adhesive is sure to stick well

Got rid of the plastic rattle by using some flex tape. It's definitely not pretty but it worked lol. I also installed a foam baffle. Not sure how I like it. Speaker almost sounds muffled. Could be my imagination tho.

Got rid of the plastic rattle by using some flex tape. It's definitely not pretty but it worked lol. I also installed a foam baffle. Not sure how I like it. Speaker almost sounds muffled. Could be my imagination tho.
Good deal on the rattling.Ya, Ive never liked the Foam Baffles.Create some acoustical deadening issues( same as down firing a sub into the carpet of a truck) Lost of acoustics.The Cheap solid plastic ones do a little better while protecting the speakers in front doors a little bit better from moisture while drilling a small hole in the bottom for drainage

Plastic speaker baffles.these worked just fine for me.Just drill a small hole in the bottom for drainage. I siliconed around the outside (thats up to you).Cheap enough, prob. Google up the best price shipped.Can be reused/ removed if selling the vehicle for the next install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.