Options or opinions?

most decks have at least a decent eq... anything with at least 5 bands is sufficient for most people...

I have 8 bands dual channel on 1 of my Pioneers and only 7 on the rest and they are more than adequate...

ok so the 125.2? or should i get the 100.4 and just use 2 channels and have the 2 in case i go for the second set of comps up front?
That sounds like a good plan. If one set isnt good enough for you, you always have the power there in case you need it. Other wise you're only gaining 25 watts on the comps and lose the ability to add a second set. But if your budget is tight the 125.2 is a better choice I guess. Really depends on if you think you need it extremely loud or if one set of comps will do.

i wouldn't bridge the amp to run mids... you lose all your imaging
their is a way to do it by switching rcas around but its better to just buy the power you need...
I dont see how bridging a 4 channel amp for a pair of components loses your imaging. I was bridging Channels 1 & 2 for the drivers side and Channels 3&4 for the passenger side. Y adapter for Channels 1 and 2 and a Y Adapter for Channels 3 and 4. Left goes to left and right goes to right. So Im confused in your posting.

320 watts per side of my Focal Utopia Components.

OK thats pretty much the thought process I had (getting the 100.4) so I think Ill do that, start with one set of comps and the 4 ch and then if i want to add the 6.5 ID midbass or the 2nd set of comps im covered, no i just gotta get my sub design together and ill start ordering. Thanks for all the help so far

I dont see how bridging a 4 channel amp for a pair of components loses your imaging. I was bridging Channels 1 & 2 for the drivers side and Channels 3&4 for the passenger side. Y adapter for Channels 1 and 2 and a Y Adapter for Channels 3 and 4. Left goes to left and right goes to right. So Im confused in your posting.
320 watts per side of my Focal Utopia Components.
their is a way to do it by switching rcas around but its better to just buy the power you need...

how do you quote someone and not READ what you are quoting?

he can also bi amp if he uses a 4 channel with the right mids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif...

ie: buy the power you need...

how do you quote someone and not READ what you are quoting?
Really????????? You dont think I dont know wtf I typed out? I know, because I was the one typing it. You are simply telling the guy its not a good idea to go with a 4 channel amp and bridging it into a 2 channel amp. Plus, it gives him more flexibility incase he wants to upgrade and amp his rear speakers.

4 channel amp: bridge = double power

2 channel amp: not bridged: 4 ohm power.

Pretty simple

wow way to turn his thread into a pissing contest dude...

if he has to ask what to do in the 1st place, he would just get lost trying to tell him how to do the y-split channel swap dude..

you think i don't know? maybe if you had read you woulda saw exactly what i said, and I never said not to do it... I said I wouldn't do it

big difference..

and i never said it was a bad idea either or not a good idea...

he asked for opinions and I gave mine you gave yours but made it seem like I am wrong when neither of us is "wrong"...

the amount of E-Peen on this forum is staggering...

To be honest, I dont know what "Switching up the RCA's" mean. I was simply breaking it down for him to understand and you turned it into a pissing contest with the whole, "how do you quote someone and not READ what you are quoting?" comment. Im done. I was simply helping the guy understand what "Switching up the RCA's" meant. That simple. I read between your lines and knew what you meant, alot of people dont. If he is asking about it, then he more than likely wouldnt grasp the whole, "Switching up the RCA's" For all he knows, he thinks he may have to go buy all new special magic RCA's

ok my bad then we just misunderstood each other.. no biggie

I can delete my posts if that will make it all better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.