Options or opinions?

suicideking187
10+ year member

Yelm, WA
Sorry for the doucher "what to do" post but im at a crossroads for which components to use. Ive been doin tons of research and have come up with a few viable options.

Image dynamics CTX65CS (was lookin at doin 2 sets if these)

Hertz ESK165/65L

Memphis 15-MCS6

JL Audio C2-650

They will be powered with a SAX-100.4D

They will be the FS with fill provided by an set of 4x6 of whichever company I go with on HU power

Depending on price there will probably be 2 sets up front otherwise Ill just power the rears

Open to opinions or options, any help appreciated.

ID CTX65CS or Eclipse SC6500's. Very similar quality and sound. Id put them over everything you have listed. The Hertz are good, but more expensive for a non existent quality and SQ upgrade.

Really? Ive read good reviews on the hertz but they def seem to be a cult brand, lots of theyre the be all end all kinda things. Ive read tons of great reviews on the ID's and they are the most affordable which was surprising. They look to be built pretty hefty and my biggest things is I dont want a horribly bright tweet however my music tastes vary from lamb of god to young jeezy to bob marley so I need a well rounded and clear set and ive read they have a pretty decent mid bass sound which is a plus.

1 or 2 sets, ive got the cash now just makin sure im 100% on what I want, dont like buying thigs twice if i dont have too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

oh as in save the money over the more expensive, roger, misunderstood for a sec. But you think 1 set will perform or should I get two, theyll be going in an 05 single cab silverado

^^^^^^ unless you are looking for extremely loud,1 cmp set should be enough on that sundown.

look into your install.if you place those tweeters in the pillars on axis or until get a good sound stage you should bhe loud enough.

you can use that amp to bi-amp those ID comps.

add deadener,placement & aiming,tuning,EQ if you have one,etc.......

hmm, thats seems to be a common feeling which is good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif any input on an eq to pair up with the above set up? im new to the whole full setup, so no real expierience with an eq/processor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.