Opinions?

I'm liking what I'm seeing on these ab xfl 15s, kind of leaning towards that instead of the x-15. Still a bit more research to do, I wanted to stay away from having so many different brands in my setup but I'm convinced it doesn't matter all that much anyways.
Played with both... totally differnt woofers on a different level. Xfl is a decent budget woofer but not even close to a Xv2

Just an update for those curious on the progress, took advice. Returning the subs and mono amp. Planning on these items instead -
Sub:

x-15 V.2 D2 - 1500w RMS

Amp:

SVC -2000D - 2000w RMS mono

(Or depending on funds)

Hifonics Brutus BRX2016.1D 2000w RMS mono

New box plan coming, possibly a custom wedge with a port preferably on the bottom(front facing into rear seats), 4.25cubes -- sound like a better change of plans guys?
side or rear firing. not forward firing port. You need to load off a solid wall if you want any results. Front firing only works if you completely wall off your vehicle. Up firing port only works if the port is close to the roof.

NEVER EVER touch hifonics garbage. I'd go audiopipe over hifonics anyday, but its just better to save up for a proper amp. Look into an orion XTR 2500.1 on ebay, should be more power than the sundown scv for same amount of money.

For the sub if you want SQ, i'd stay away from the X its horrible with upper bass notes and box picky. Just basically a low note oriented woofer more than anything. The guys that recommend it to you mainly just play bass modified music rather than a wide genre of unmodified music.

look for SSA Xcon or Icon instead if you listen to anything other than rap. It'll still play low notes very close to the Xs but it will perform massively better with everything else you throw at it as well, a lot more bandwidth, a lot less enclosure picky. Why is this? Traditional surround plus aluminium shorting rings. clear inherent differences in subwoofer design that allows it to blend into the midbass region a lot more which is required if you want a nice sound quality balance rather than just low note booms and nothing in between. Sundown fanboys are not really into anything Sound quality so they would not understand the significance of this. However if you dont care about any of that then you can stick with the Xv2

However the SSA subs have a 1-3 month build time depending on how busy they are which they always are busy so more like 2-3 reason is because its made in America. China (sundown) would mean you get it within one or 2 weeks tops.

side or rear firing. not forward firing port. You need to load off a solid wall if you want any results. Front firing only works if you completely wall off your vehicle. Up firing port only works if the port is close to the roof.
NEVER EVER touch hifonics garbage. I'd go audiopipe over hifonics anyday, but its just better to save up for a proper amp. Look into an orion XTR 2500.1, should be more power than the sundown scv for same amount of money.

For the sub if you want SQ, i'd stay away from the X its horrible with upper bass notes and box picky. Just basically a low note oriented woofer more than anything. The guys that recommend it to you mainly just play bass modified music rather than a wide genre of unmodified music.

look for SSA Xcon or Icon instead if you listen to anything other than rap. It'll still play low notes just as good but it will perform massively better with everything else you throw at it as well. However the subs have a 2 month build time. Made in America and not China (sundown).
Bro X are not that bad and if your super picky then buy one with the traditional surround. U don't have to get the mega roll. Pretty sure all Xv2 are AMERICA BUILT in house now FYI. So that China bullshlt can stop anytime now

Bro X are not that bad and if your super picky then buy one with the traditional surround. U don't have to get the mega roll. Pretty sure all Xv2 are AMERICA BUILT in house now FYI. So that China bullshlt can stop anytime now
you should specifically say the traditional surround and not just the regular sundown X which is stock megaroll because thats what people will buy without knowing anything about the sub.. All you said its linear and it'll play like anyother sub but thats a blatant lie for the megaroll. You would have never even mentioned traditional surround, You only brought it because I brought the low note issue which would happen if the OP bought the X stock megaroll. Bad information? The there are a good amount of local people that are dissatisfied with the upper frequency response they got from their sundown X and didnt know about the traditional surround.

It's all about the install. Doesn't have to be expensive. I have $80 into my wife's build and it will knock her trunk loose.
It does/doesn't. It's up to the owner/person how much they wanna spend and how much flex they want. We all know this hobby isn't cheap.

Vehicle, subs, amps, electrical upgrades, etc. etc.

NEVER EVER touch hifonics garbage. I'd go audiopipe over hifonics anyday, but its just better to save up for a proper amp. Look into an orion XTR 2500.1 on ebay, should be more power than the sundown scv for same amount of money.

look for SSA Xcon or Icon instead if you listen to anything other than rap. It'll still play low notes very close to the Xs but it will perform massively better with everything else you throw at it as well, a lot more bandwidth, a lot less enclosure picky. Why is this? Traditional surround plus aluminium shorting rings. clear inherent differences in subwoofer design that allows it to blend into the midbass region a lot more which is required if you want a nice sound quality balance rather than just low note booms and nothing in between. Sundown fanboys are not really into anything Sound quality so they would not understand the significance of this. However if you dont care about any of that then you can stick with the Xv2

However the SSA subs have a 1-3 month build time depending on how busy they are which they always are busy so more like 2-3 reason is because its made in America. China (sundown) would mean you get it within one or 2 weeks tops.
The moving mass on the x is what makes it bottom heavy smaller box helps upper frequency response.

I AM correct. QED!
John Kuthe...
Are you? You most certainly couldn't figure out how to turn on a simple DSP. Nor how to read the schematic on installing it. Hell since I'm down that road, even understand the software for it.

Go ahead, say something rhetorical back.

I AM correct. QED!
John Kuthe...
OP is trying to get help with sub choices, members are offering advice, your just spewing random bull$hit once again to hear your self type. Have you seriously in your almost 2000 post even once remotely added anything that has actually contributed to the forum? Every single thread no matter what it is, some one could even be talking about what color cat they want for Christ sake, and you some throw in "installer guy" or I was around internet when it first started, I'm a ee or I make music that sounds like people murdering animals while mashing a keyboard from toys r us. But you gotta feed that ego of yours so it is what it is at this point. Gawd d@mn I wish we could just take warning labels off every thing and let Darwinism sort it's self out........

Op spend the coin on the x if you want, yes the can smash the lows but it's entirely box dependent. Just like the night shades people say they are only good for lows, got a demo of hertz hoe and was trying not to let him see those 40+ hz notes make me wanna tap out alamost =) ultimately it's your money op, and careful with everything you read on the internet, half the time the people bashing sundown have like two Walmart dual 12s in their car and are just hating. At the same time guys like Jeff hertz boomin and more know their stuff so I'd listen and gather all the info you can and make your decision based of that. Now me personally I've heard two soundqubed(can't remember the models) 18s walled in a sunfire on a bc3500 and loud yes, but seemed like they just wanted to kill high notes. Now coildvebjust been the song and box tuning. Good luck op and hope whatever you get your happy with =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.