Opinions..... why not ask right...

Two soundqubed hds212 or one hds312/315 with their q1-1200 in an 87 Mazda b2000 extended cab???? I've never ran a ported enclosure so I'll probably have someone on here or that cherry site build one for me.
On that power the cone area of the hds2 12s would be louder

one HDS315, less expensive then 2 12's and in that cab it will pound with the right box just make sure you have the space.... i had cherryman build me a box for me and i am very happy with the way it turned out, sounds and looks awesome, i will be posting on his forum this weekend once i get it all painted and wire power for the lights.

one HDS315, less expensive then 2 12's and in that cab it will pound with the right box just make sure you have the space.... i had cherryman build me a box for me and i am very happy with the way it turned out, sounds and looks awesome, i will be posting on his forum this weekend once i get it all painted and wire power for the lights.
Can't wait to see your upgrades man.

thanks, can't wait to finish the wife's so i can move on to my Cherokee, will be doing an AQ3500d with 2 HDC4 18's with a 12 cube box that he will be building as well.

Where's the sweet spot on those subs? I've read people saying they can sound good or they can get decently loud depending on box... I listen to all kinds of music, should I just run em sealed lol

Where's the sweet spot on those subs? I've read people saying they can sound good or they can get decently loud depending on box... I listen to all kinds of music, should I just run em sealed lol
Gona lose a ton of output running them sealed ...if u do the 12s id do 4-4.5 cubes tuned between 32-36 with 16" of port per cube and if u chose to do the 15 id do 4 cubes at 32-36 with same amount of port area

Gona lose a ton of output running them sealed ...if u do the 12s id do 4-4.5 cubes tuned between 32-36 with 16" of port per cube and if u chose to do the 15 id do 4 cubes at 32-36 with same amount of port area
Thanks man. I know nothing about ported boxes! I've had Kenwood, kicker, RE, and sundown subs to name a few but always ran sealed boxes lol

I'd also suggest a higher quality single 15" over a pair of those entry level 12's. The SQ subs are basically DD knockoffs, I'd highly recommend using the box specs on DD website for good results. Space makes bass, don't skimp on box volume or port area.

Hds315 it is... cherryman is running numbers through bassbox to see what comes up. Hopefully have it built this weekend. Then I'll have to wait til this black Friday sale with an empty box! Thought about ordering it now cause their site says "back in stock"....it'll **** to have this box built for that sub an them be sold out when I go to order one!!!

I would say for your car, if you want straight bass, to go with a 15. If you want the ability to crank it loud and still have bass to go with the 2 12s. They have more cone area and soundqubed in a right box will bump so hard. They aren't entry level subs, but for the price, they are the best deal you can get.

I do not know much about these brand of woofers but wouldn't two 12" woofers give you more movement of air than one 15"? What is the XMax of both woofers and what is the cone surface area of each?

I do not know much about these brand of woofers but wouldn't two 12" woofers give you more movement of air than one 15"? What is the XMax of both woofers and what is the cone surface area of each?
In most cases it would. It would depend on enclosure, power, and which sub we're comparing though. It's also cheaper to buy 1 sub than 2 so thats a plus if OP wants to save money.

Sure Wish I knew something about ported boxes. It's tuned to 34Hz but he said something about the f3 being at 42 Hz.... it'll be right at or a little over 4cf after everything with 62 square of port

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.