Opinions on fixing BrOkEn Audiopulse AXIS 15. PICS!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

amartin_72

Banned
Madison , WI
I recently picked this up in a trade. Previous owner or 2nd previous owner tried jb welding the basket back on but I could peel it off with my finger so I didnt trust it. I took the 4 tiny screws out and the top assembly comes right off. very weak design in my opinion. The coil is still in good shape.

The motor has standard 6 hole pattern as well as the basket.

I removed a screen and I think I will be able to bolt in on from the outside like ssacketts custom 18's.

my questions are:

Should i remove the gasket on top of the motor ( i think so then this way it has no give)

Should i glue the motor on before bolting or will it stay without, if i use loctite on the bolts.

Will the gap be strong enough to pull my bolts out of my grip with whatever and get them stuck somewhere?

And is there any other better ideas?

Thanks guys.

milk001.jpg

milk004.jpg

milk005.jpg

milk006.jpg

I have some LMS 12's that bolt on through to the top of the magnet. That top assy should have holes that line right up. Gap will pull the bolt but with the coil in it won't get lost or anything, just keep a tight grip til you get started. Also when you tighten it up the screws should hold very tight.

anyone by chance know what thread and size the bolts are that i will need? Standard motor bolts i think. Yes there is holes that will match but should I remove the double sided tape type gasket on the motor as pictured.

this is what kept me from buying that Revo 10, there outta biz.... cant even goto them for support!
but dayum that thing looked sweet!
That's a crazy reason not to buy a REVO.

Everyone should have a pair. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

DSC03038.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.