Opinions on amp swap

Participant count
  • Participant list
This may seem like a no brainer, but I need some help. A buddy of mine has a Sundown SAZ-1500D v1 he's willing to sell for $150. I'm seeing if he's willing to trade as I have a bunch of extra boxes and a few sub's. Anyways, what would be better for a single SA-15 D2; a Pioneer GM-D8601 or the SAZ 1500D v1? The Pioneer is rated at 800 watts @1ohm and the Sundown is rated at 1500 watts at 1 ohm.

BTW, all I have at the moment is 4 gauge power wire

sundown of course, the reason? well its a dang sundown!

the smart reason is the pioneer will break your sub. why? no subsonic filter. without one the sub can bottom out and mechanically fail.

so sundown it is.

The sundown would be the better option, but you should upgrade to the 1/0 g for power and ground. Generally, it is usually better to go ahead and run the larger gauge wire, for upgrading purposes, we ALWAYS upgrade by the way. That way, when the itch comes for more bass, the sundown will run two subs at 1ohm. Setting your gains properly, will ensure that the proper amount of power goes to your sub.

Total wire run from battery to amp is about 10-12 feet. Would I be okay using the SAZ on 4 gauge with the gain turned down a little for a month or so? The sad fact that I'm contemplating using the $200 I have to set aside from tomorrows pay check to buy the SAZ. Would like to run it at 1 ohm.

Thens there's always the option to just not play anything under 30hz, which is what my box is tuned at. And then using my vacation paycheck or just saving up buying something newer off CACO.

You can get 1/0g knu koncepts cca for less than 2.00 a foot, direct from their website, it's good for up to 250amps, if I remember correctly. So 12 feet of each shouldn't hurt you to much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.