Alpine Mrv-f545 vs Sundown Sax100.4

Participant count
  • Participant list
Honestly i've played that game many times. Good chance that if you swapped them out you would "hear" a difference. But it would be more perception than an actual difference. They are both good quality amps. One of the amps would have to be lacking in something in order to see a real difference. Does your sundown lack anything?

That makes sense. I don't think it's lacking. I'm running image dynamics ctx65cs active on the Sundown. And this is the first active setup I have had. So it's hard to say. My mid is kinda lacking but that could be I have no room in my honda Accord doors with those huge ID mids.. I just got a Alpine 9855 that I'm going to hookup as soon as I have time. That should make a huge difference.

Gonna install the alpine tomorrow see what happens. It's gonna sound different because I can accurately set the crossovers for the tweeter and mid. I mean I'm pretty sure there right now but the alpine has the digital display so I know for a fact it will be right.. So we'll see. Once I install the 9855 I can A-B them

Last edited by a moderator:
The Alpine is in.. And to me it sounds way more open and wide. The tweets seem a bit more bright which is good because the ID's can be a bit dull. Idk, it could be in my head but it does sound pretty awesome.

Thats all that matters. Since that sundown doesn't sound as good as an alpine I'll buy it cheap lol
Haha.. Well I always need a back up. If I come across something as cheap I probaly will. The big test will be when my 9855 is in. That way I will just be using the headunit.

After a few days now with the Alpine hooked up its the hands down winner. It's just so clean sounding and powerful. I thought when I got my Sundown I would never go to anything else but this amp is super nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.