Opinions on amp bass boost

Participant count
  • Participant list
the gain and bass boost arent volume knobs ..the gain is used to match the output voltage from youre head unit ..once u turn it up past that said voltage u are clipping..and boosting the signal at the amp is only hurting you furthermore

Alright thanks I did set the gains right and that's why I was wondering about the bass boost cause it seemed it wouldn't be right to push it past where the gain is set two thanks for explaining

The bass boost increases the output at a certain frequency. At the normal gain settings this would of course cause you to clip, but if you set your gains accordingly with the bass boost you won't be clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.