Opinion on BOSS audio

REV-665.jpg

Group Buy on a Zed Built Boss Audio REV-665 - SSA Car Audio Forum

Well what could I expect by buying one of their products?
i suspect either you have money to piss away, or you can't read. if you have $200, save another $100 or $200 and get something worth it. BOSS probably has $10 in their radios, then bust yo head with $200. they are garbage and although they work when you buy them (i hope), they will not last any reasonable amount of time with regular use. gotta pay to play bro.

BOSS has some very nice decks...i'm not sure if they still offer it...but they once offered 5 year factory warranties on their decks...not many other brands can do that....here is a nice touchscreen double din for less than $165 and it comes with a free cellphone antenna booster....a $19.99 value //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Boss BV9150 Double DIN 4.5" Touch TFT TV DVD MP3 PLAYER - eBay (item 280550370073 end time Feb-13-11 16:26:19 PST)

I hate to be negative, but a friend of mine bought the Boss BASS600 powered sub that we installed in his MR2. I have read mixed reviews about it, but in his car after about 3 weeks it began randomly going into protect, and I believe then died and wouldn't work most of the time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif He has a Boss deck too; it doesn't seem to be on the same level of terribleness.

ok, well thanks for that info guys! Ive completely changed my mind on buying "boss" audio. I was going to buy it and just give it a try, but it really does sound like a bad idea.

If you are reading this I hope you didn't buy the boss audio headunit. I currently own a Boss Audio bv9555 double din HU and its a POS! when switching from USB/AUX mode to the radio or main screen, the screen flickers for a second. This occurrence is random but happens i would say about 1 in 3 times. The interface...... i cant even explain how terrible it is, looks like a windows 95 box screen type thing(?). When you are playing cd's the screen is plagued by a big blue and red logo of the company, and you cannot change it. When plugging in an ipod or mp3 player, the screen by default turns into a blue screen in aux mode. Also the headunit sticks out i would say about an inch out of the dash to allow the screen to slide down for the cd/dvd slot, causing it to look like it was haphazardly installed when it is in reality installed properly. I bought this headunit because i needed an upgrade to the stock HU and allow me to install some subs/amp. This was my first aftermarket HU and i have learned my lesson that you get what you pay for.

If you are reading this I hope you didn't buy the boss audio headunit. I currently own a Boss Audio bv9555 double din HU and its a POS! when switching from USB/AUX mode to the radio or main screen, the screen flickers for a second. This occurrence is random but happens i would say about 1 in 3 times. The interface...... i cant even explain how terrible it is, looks like a windows 95 box screen type thing(?). When you are playing cd's the screen is plagued by a big blue and red logo of the company, and you cannot change it. When plugging in an ipod or mp3 player, the screen by default turns into a blue screen in aux mode. Also the headunit sticks out i would say about an inch out of the dash to allow the screen to slide down for the cd/dvd slot, causing it to look like it was haphazardly installed when it is in reality installed properly. I bought this headunit because i needed an upgrade to the stock HU and allow me to install some subs/amp. This was my first aftermarket HU and i have learned my lesson that you get what you pay for.
sounds like installation error to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Zed actually made about a dozen of the very early BOSS amps. I've used a bunch of them in budget installs and they're all very nice. Sadly they all say "boss" on them and the power rating on the heatsink is about 3X actual output.

As far as a good low priced in dash DVD I'd also vouch for the Jensen, you can get refurb or old-stock for short money and I've had really good luck with them. A few models even have 5.1 surround output which is pretty cash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.