Opinion on BOSS audio

brettley
10+ year member

Im looking to buy a radio (on a budget). It needs to be double din for my saab, and i was looking at a boss audio DVD double din touch screen nav on amazon. I know boss isnt the best, but im wondering if it will be good enough to hold up to a lot of voltage changing, a lot of vibration, and most of all, work right!

Please dont hesitate to use technical terms, I am new to this forum, but 3-4 years into car audio, I know my stuff!

if you knew your stuff you wouldn't even consider buying a boss audio product. much better can be had for just a few extra pennies. stick with alpine or pioneer if you're on a budget. even lanzar makes some decent dd hu's

I know its far from good but im wondering if its manageable. I found one for $200 and that's about where my budget sits. If there's some place I don't know about with really good deals. Please inform me!

dude... even Dual brand is better than Boss...
and jensen!

if you knew your stuff you wouldn't even consider buying a boss audio product. much better can be had for just a few extra pennies. stick with alpine or pioneer if you're on a budget. even lanzar makes some decent dd hu's
yup!!

I know its far from good but im wondering if its manageable. I found one for $200 and that's about where my budget sits. If there's some place I don't know about with really good deals. Please inform me!
you can find some used for that!

I gotta give it up to the boss marine radios though. My dad went against my word and bought a boss marine cd player and a pair of poly-planar marine speakers and it sounds great. Picks up stations great , tracks cd's like a champ , it feels like i'm gonna break it everytime i open the face to put in a cd but as far as performance............It works purdy good. I still would never buy anything from boss unless it was one of the few Boss amps Steve Mantz had his hand in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.