Onlu 1 sub hooked up. Both work

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jamesf91

So from pick n pull i found 2 12"s in a ported box for only $30. Can't beat it right? So i took them. After having them for a while now something got ****** into the port. My setup is one 12" mtx and one 12" xplode sharing a ported box powered by a 4000w autotek mean machine. Upon taking them out of the box to get what was in the box out I noticed that the whole time only the MTX was hooked up. I found that to be weird because i swore that they had both been working the whole 6 months prior to me opened up the box. So I rewired the box myself running wire from each sub individuallu and bridged them at the amp. When i tested that setup now the xplode seemed to be pulling in too hard and hitting too often. So once again i disconnected the xplode sub and only left power to the MTX. Now still same thing. Both subs hit in sync as they should buy now im 100% positive that the only one hooked up is the MTX. Now I'm not complaining. They work and sound good, but in my experiences wiring up all of my own audio systems in my vehicles I have never experienced a system do this. Just curious for someone elses take on it. Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I would search up the model numbers of the subs, or use a multimeter and see what ohms each sub is. I have heard too many people say don't run different type of subs off the same amp. As for your Xplode sub being disconnected and still hitting in sync; Is this moving in the opposite direction of the MTX sub? Is the xplode subwoofer acting as a "passive radiator" / "reflex woofer"?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.