How to stop noise/whine with newly installed MP3 kit?

schleprock

I have a stock CD player/radio in my 2006 Honda Accord. I read where I could buy a kit to plug into the back of it that would allow me to listen to my MP3 player through it so I bought it and installed it.

It works but it makes this odd whine/hissing sound when I use it. It only makes the sound if AUX is selected, if it is not it makes no noise on CDs or radio. The MP3 player can be hooked up and it still won't make noise unless AUX is selected.

(I mention this because the first thing I thought I should try is to change plug wires, but I didn't because it only does it on AUX)

So I read that this is likely an alternator feedback issue. I bought something called an Aukey Ground Loop Isolator. I plugged it in and it still hisses and whines. (I switched the way I plugged it in from the Kit to the MP3 player, I thought it might work directionally or something but no, it still makes the noise)

What should I try next?

This noise has to go. I gotta get rid of it.

Thank you

Additional:

I got the Aukey off of Ebay. It was new and in the right packaging. But could it be a bad ground loop isolater?

can u post a pic of the kit?

the pitch of the hisses/whine changes acording the rpms of the engine

the hisses/whine is allways there even volume all the way down or goes away and becomes higher acording to the volume??

it can be por quality cable (have this problem my self)

it can be deficient/insuficient ground

it can be por quality signal or gain

Ive had an Issue the same as this recently, and found it to be a Cheap/ bad Aux cable..Bought one made by Belkin and never had an issue thus far

How do I fix the ground? I did not install this radio, does the radio have a ground wire coming out of it.

If so, would I just extend this wire to something that is a big/large amount of metal. Assuming that now, it is attached to some cheap metal bracket that holds the radio in the dashboard console area.

if it is ground, why does it not whine when playing CDs or the radio. Is it because the length of wire running to my MP3 player is enough to act as a antenna or something.

What else did you change when you installed the mp3 kit? I would personally get rid of the ground loop isolator. Those are just band aids, but they do nothing to fix the real problem. Double check the ground. If you added one or changed the old ground from your new kit, make sure it is proper. Good metal to metal that is connected to the body/chassis with no paint or plastic in the way. If you didn't need to do anything to the ground, check your RCA cables. I have had a problem before where it was only the AUX setting because the RCA cables were causing a ground loop. They were getting pushed against the mount at the plug from being ran poorly. Make sure there is no pressure on the cables plugs. You could pull the head unit out, but leaving it connected and see if you still have the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.