Now, what should I do? I got my factory amp visible.. bypass it or what? *PICS*

just making sure- would using the wire nuts to connect the wires together cause any problem?

I used wire nuts and electrical tape to connect all of the matching wires together

just get the special harness that will intergate the factory amp.. could be anywhere from 50-90 $

ur best bet is to run all new speaker wire, its not that hard, quit being a puss y bro

yeah that is probably the best bet..

I dont mind doing it if someone can tell me how to do all that wiring thru the dash into the doors.. I never had any experience with that kind of thing..

He doesn't necessarily need the factory amp hooked up though because it only powers the stock subwoofer, which he won't need any longer.

There should be no problem running the speaker cables to the doors. The hardest part will be getting it through the boot in the door jamb, but it can be done.

There should be no problem running the speaker cables to the doors. The hardest part will be getting it through the boot in the door jamb, but it can be done.
dont you mind explaining me how can I run them into the doors? I have no clue lol..

on passenger side the glove box is in the way, and in the drivers side, whole cluster is in the way?

and what will I have to remove in order to run the wires into all 4 doors?

I am hoping not the B pillars? cuz I already went thru removing them and reinstalling them today lol

Have you run signal cables from the headunit to the rear yet for the amps? If so, which side did you run them down.

When I ran them, I went behind the glove box and into the kick panel. Keeping it high and tight.

Yes I already have, I ran them thru the drivers side floor

how do you gain access behind the glove box and all that?

I am thinking if I find out how to gain access behind the dash then I think I will be able to run the wires to speakers tomorrow..

but then I would have to remove B pillars so that way I can run the wires into the rear doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif not cool.. lol

I don't think there is going to be any right or wrong way to get the cables to the doors. You know where its starting from and where you need to finish, just look and find the easiest path.

You should be able to get speaker cable into the driver's door by following where you took the RCA cable instead of going down the side of the truck, get it behind the parking brake bracket.

Yes your going to have to remove the B-Pillars again, unless you want to half ass it and don't run it properly.

Just stick your head in the floor board and look behind the glove box. If you pull the headunit out, it may make it easier because light will be shining through and it will make it easier to see open spaces behind the dash and glove box.

Its pretty obvious to me that if your speakers work with the factory HU theres a wiring issue in the harness, or either a issue with the new HU. Running new wires will accomplish nothing at this point, unless you were installing a 4ch. Do a hard reset (unplug harness) on the HU and see if that changes anything.

That was already suggested and I'm under the impression running new cables is a last resort.

Check the harness first.

Do you have a test bench you can work on instead of dealing with it in the dash?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.