Noob looking for help

Aidan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
I'm pretty new to speakers and this kind of stuff, I bought some speaker stuff from my brother and I'm looking to put it in my truck. The amp and subs I bought along with a couple door speakers but I'm not sure what kind the door speakers are. After doing some research I've come up with what I think makes sence but would like some other people's opinions. Would like if somebody could tell me if it would work or what I should do to change it and make it better.
The blue circles are door speakers and green are tweaters I'd like to put in. Hope the diagram makes sence

Haha. I guess that don't make much sense does it. Well I guess I'll get a deck with 4 out just run 2 speakers and 2 tweeters off it. And 2 speakers and 2 subs off the amp. I'm not looking for a compititon set up I just bought a truck that has zero speakers in it and I'm going insane. Is there anything else you would recommend doing

Those excelon tens aren’t going to sound great Bridged rear channels on that alpine amp. Figure out the rms rating of the subs and the vc config and get an amp to the lowest ohm load those subs can wire down to. Get a 4v preout deck with three sets of preouts. You indicated you got speakers for the doors in the second hand stuff. Provide a pic... are they component set, coaxials, separates. With the right deck and that alpine amp you coukd go active with four separate speakers in your front stage or bridge the four channels of that amp to two and concentrate that on a front component set

Alright I'm going to try this. These are what I have, the 2 subs that amp, and 2 of each of these speakers and the last one being the details on my deck
Screenshot_2020-05-18-15-54-22.png
Screenshot_2020-05-18-15-53-49.png
Screenshot_2020-05-18-15-50-25.png
Screenshot_2020-05-18-15-49-47.png
Screenshot_2020-05-18-15-56-57.png

what would you put in, and wired to what, I would spend money on a different amp or speakers or whatever you think. Just keeping in mind I don't need anything crazy. But if I'm going to do all this work I kinda want a setup worth while

Or I'll buy another amp maybe a Kenwood xr601-1 and run both subs off that and 4 door speakers off the alpine. My questions are does that sound dumb, how would I connent my deck to them and would that cause a problem overloading my battery or something like that

You have dual rca preouts. Most simple solution is use One set for the subs and one set for the speakers. Separate mono amp for the subs and bridge the 4 channel to 2 channel mode. JL’s are probably the better of those speakers but a Component set with a passive crossover and the ability to position the tweeter high and midbass low would be better for your imaging.

Just so I'm getting this fully. I will run one set of rca's from my deck directly to a mono amp that will power my subs. Then what, why would I bridge my 4 to a 2. Could I not power all four door speakers off it. Probably the jls and just something else for now, then when I have more money I'll get a pair of good ones and replace whatever other ones I put in. Also would it sound horrible to run those Kenwood tweeters off the deck or should i just keep the tweeters out of it

BCotrell's suggestion of bridging the amp and running only the JL's is because those two are the best in your aresenal. Also those two will provide more than enough volume to your truck and be easier to wire. I think it a good idea to wire the tweeters directly from the radio onto the pillars for imaging. I would upgrade from 6 gauge to 4 gauge on the battery to amp wire. Everything else looks good.

OK then that's what I'll do. One last thing though with this Kenwood amp having 3, 30 amp fuses in it and the alpine having 2, 30 amps. What size of fuse should I put up by my battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.