Non DSP

The Arcs software is always getting updates. They are not user friendly. Helix and Mosconi is easy. JLs upcoming Twk looks nice also. Audison if you want to run optical to Audison Voce or higher amps.

Many great options out there. The DSP market has nutthuggerey like the bass market or worse
I hadn't considered the Mosconi. I like that it's output voltage reaches 8 volts. How does it's software compare to the Helix DSP?

You don't understand electronics in general?
Ok I'll make you look stupid again

Different DSPs use different software

Some have different delay increments

Some have graphic some have parametric EQs. Some have different phase increments

Some lose tunes for no reason

Some have software that are very steamlined and easy to get right like the Helix.

so the helix is noticeably better than the audison? I think i told you the issues with DSP long ago but you refused to listen. if the settings are the same between modules and the parts are the same tolerances just like in an amp there wont be a difference kinda like any well designed amps you more than likely wont hear any difference in them. again the audison is a excellent OEM integration unit. i wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

The software is better in the Helix. The Audison is getting old. I had the Bit 1 in the last car.

The Audison can wipe out the stock EQ but only at the set volume.

The helix can run a center channel.

The software makes the tune. If it's to complicated the tune won't be good. If it's to limited the tune won't be as good as it could be

Every DSP has high level inputs BTW

Why would I listen to somebody that's clueless when you are talking stupid to somebody that's used DSPs for years?

The software is better in the Helix. The Audison is getting old. I had the Bit 1 in the last car. The Audison can wipe out the stock EQ but only at the set volume.

The helix can run a center channel.

The software makes the tune. If it's to complicated the tune won't be good. If it's to limited the tune won't be as good as it could be

Every DSP has high level inputs BTW

Why would I listen to somebody that's clueless when you are talking stupid to somebody that's used DSPs for years?
well first off the bet ten is fine its more than capable. if your comparing simply the software ease of use and correlating to better or worse i disagree. The tuning options on both units are more than enough if you properly install the speakers. i've heard some of the best sounding cars that used little sound processing. simply by using the correct drivers, axis, placement, power and simple techniques like eliminating comb filtering naturally with driver placement, selection, ideal enclosure and using the drivers natural rolloff to complement the cutoff instead of destroying phase and dampening by just selecting drivers and implementing the xover points decided buy altering slope and Q to try to correct phase issues then having to readjust TA etc.. don't get me wrong when you face challenges of drop speakers in stock locations in leaky doors etc yea having a ton of options is nice. but simply building a proper enclosre for hte midbass and midrange goes a LONG way. the correct axis and height etc is MUCH more effective then 1000 tuning options.

well first off the bet ten is fine its more than capable. if your comparing simply the software ease of use and correlating to better or worse i disagree. The tuning options on both units are more than enough if you properly install the speakers. i've hear some of the best sounding cars that used little sound processing. simply by using the correct drivers, axis, placement, power and simple techniques like eliminating comb filtering naturally with drver placement selection and using the drivers natural rolloff to complement the cutoff instead of destroying phase and dampening by just selecting drivers and implementing the xover points decided buy altering slope and Q to try to correct phase issues then having to readjust TA etc.. don't get me wrong when you face challenges of drop speakers in stock locations in leaky doors etc yea having a ton of options is nice. but simply building a proper enclosre for hte midbass and midrange goes a LONG way. the correct axis and height etc is MUCH more effective then 1000 tuning options.
So you want to spend hours installing than run the RTA or just hear the cars interior destroying the responce?

I'm not saying the Audison is bad. I liked it. Its just a bit behind these days.

Have a good night sir. I was simply recommending a good unit for OEM. i understand your points and i've take consideration and i agree you do offer good advice. needless to say he really can go wrong with dropping any one in and starting off basic..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.