Non DSP

PUREAUDIO
10+ year member

I'm looking for a processor that doesn't require a laptop to tune. Something with a less learning curve that could be setup in a few hours. I'm looking for a unit that can control 3-way active upfront plus a sub channel. So is there anything like that, it could have some eq options.

Thanks

I've been looking at DSP's as well. From what most have told me is that the software is the most important aspect of a DSP. And, it seems that most either like the Helix DSP or the Arc Audio PS-8's software as the easiest, most user-friendly.

I haven't pulled the trigger, yet. Funding issues, once I seem to save enough money, some sort of emergency seems to arise and take those funds. But, I'm leaning towards the Arc Audio PS-8 mainly because of it's 8 volt output (since I am running an 8 volt head unit and I'd like to keep that strong signal to the amp).

The Arcs software is always getting updates. They are not user friendly. Helix and Mosconi is easy.

JLs upcoming Twk looks nice also. Audison if you want to run optical to Audison Voce or higher amps.

Many great options out there. The DSP market has nutthuggerey like the bass market or worse

Yeah i think my best bet will be to go with a full DSP with running 3-way front active plus sub.
Honestly Id just go with the pioneer 80PRS. for the price you can get it for its pretty decent and its 3way active. if you need 4 way active and your going to keep the factory unit a decent unit is gonna cost you 700+..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.