noise ordinance question

I'm in the respectful crowd. Know where and when to crank it. Behind a cop, traffic, residential? Keep it low. Nobodies impressed by our stereo's, it's really just an annoyance to the majority of the population.

I am simply asking if anyone has any tip for dealing with the fuzz when the average joe is well within their rights of a specific ordinance regarding sound.
And I offered some sensible suggestions:

1. Keep it down around other people

2. definitely turn it down if you see a cop

3. Try to be a curbside lawyer and see how far that gets you.

4. Hire a real lawyer, take time off from work, and battle it out in court.

Really the only solution that will not "solve" your problem is number 3. Being belligerent or argumentative with a cop on the side of the road is just plain stupid. On the side of the road they are the judge, jury and possibly executioner.

When pulled over try "Yes sir", "no sir", "sorry, I didn't know, what can I do different to comply with the law in future?" or similar.... "F*ck you, pig *** cracker", "am I being detained", or "I know my rights", etc. will not get you out of a ticket and may just earn you a beating and/or arrest. You may or may not get out of the charges when you wind up in court, but the point being the court is the ONLY place you can make your case so why catch an arse whuppin on the side of the road first of that's the direction you want to go?

More info on this subject in this handy instructional video:

If you wish to research the law in your town/county/state try a law library or Lexus Nexus (can probably be accessed free from a public library or university library). If a law exists you don't like, start a petition to change or abolish it, if there is no law you will need to take a ticket then have your day in court... possibly more than once before police get the message that there is no noise ordinance. Even then, I imagine the statutes for "disturbing the peace" are flexible enough that if you want to be a douche, they can douche back much harder.

Is this really a battle you think worth fighting? With all the true injustice and tyranny in the world this is where you're ready to make your stand? Seriously, son. Learn to play nice with others. Listen to an audio-book on your break. That battle probably isn't worth it, but if you disagree, I can assure you the battlefield is a court of law, not the side of the road trying to outsmart some 90IQ goon with a gun.

And I offered some sensible suggestions:
1. Keep it down around other people

2. definitely turn it down if you see a cop

3. Try to be a curbside lawyer and see how far that gets you.

4. Hire a real lawyer, take time off from work, and battle it out in court.

Really the only solution that will not "solve" your problem is number 3. Being belligerent or argumentative with a cop on the side of the road is just plain stupid. On the side of the road they are the judge, jury and possibly executioner.

When pulled over try "Yes sir", "no sir", "sorry, I didn't know, what can I do different to comply with the law in future?" or similar.... "F*ck you, pig *** cracker", "am I being detained", or "I know my rights", etc. will not get you out of a ticket and may just earn you a beating and/or arrest. You may or may not get out of the charges when you wind up in court, but the point being the court is the ONLY place you can make your case so why catch an arse whuppin on the side of the road first of that's the direction you want to go?

More info on this subject in this handy instructional video:

the "i know my rights" has worked perfectly for me previously. probably helps that i do speak in a very calm and respectful voice when im talking to them. standing up for your rights doesnt equate being belligerent, fwiw. you CAN assert your rights when theyre not being observed by a police officer without saying "Fuhk off pig!!!!" however, the general consensus here is what i was fearing was the case. i honestly was just looking to see if anyone here has had any success sticking up for themselves when they werent breaking the noise ordinance laws. doesnt seem like that is the case. oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained

"am I being detained", or "I know my rights"

The type of people I wouldn't mind going to jail for using as human speed bumps.
well, arent you a special kind of special...

most of the youtube videos youre likely referring to are when people are actually guilty of what theyre being accused of or have warrants or drugs or an illegal firearm in their possession etc etc etc and only start filming in hopes of catching the cop doing something wrong that they can then use in court to potentially help them out. About 6 weeks ago when i got nabbed for speeding, i knew darn well i was breaking the law, so i was 100% cordial and acquiesced to every request made. That cop actually had a sense of humor and even was pretty conversational. I took my licks and moved on because i knew i was speeding. I also knew i wasnt breaking the law, so i stood up for myself. Youre throwing waaaay too many people in the path of your tires for the aforementioned speed bumps

yeah, because what kind of douchebags stand up for themselves when theyre in the right and a cop feels like abusing their power?
A special kind of douchebag.

I couldn't help myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.