taramps 4000.4 whining noise

Participant count
  • Participant list
i installed a taramps 4000.4 it was working fine when connected then started making a whining noise through the speakers
removed rca to see if that was the problem but still making noise can anyone help
Check that your grounds are tight...my ts400x4 did that but the ground going into the amp had loosened up some

This kind of thing is hard to diagnose without being there.
Try disconnecting all of the speaker wires. Connect a speaker to the amp with a short piece of wire and see if it still has noise. A pinched speaker wire can cause noise.
Try moving the amplifier. In the car before my current one I had all kinds of noise problems till I realized that the fuel pump was right under where my amplifier was mounted. I raised the amp up by a couple of inches and no more noise.

This kind of thing is hard to diagnose without being there.
Try disconnecting all of the speaker wires. Connect a speaker to the amp with a short piece of wire and see if it still has noise. A pinched speaker wire can cause noise.
Try moving the amplifier. In the car before my current one I had all kinds of noise problems till I realized that the fuel pump was right under where my amplifier was mounted. I raised the amp up by a couple of inches and no more noise.
ok i will try that thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...