Noise fines are BS

I used to get them when years ago at the beach. was @ 90$. I ran over a little kid in a crosswalk at the same place and it was 70$ ticket.
Let the punishment fit the crime I say.

Also after I turned 21 I discovered the volume knob had other positions besides max and stopped having that problem. I also learned that if you're at the beach in the summer and feel a thump it's not a possum.
lol

While they were all because I was young a stupid. In 99 I got 5 in a month and the last one I was in Cleveland and the cop and I both watched a drug deal happen right across the street. When I brought it the judges attn. that there is not one motorcycle that you can not hear from 100' away he said they were all in violation too, and that does not make it ok for me to break the law. I ahd to sell my sht to pay my tickets(plus mentor said they were taking it if I got pulled over again). I just recently decided to put a big system in again and I keep down in the city, its not worth the $. What stinks is that 100' away is not far and even if they hear a little bass u are getting a ticket. Oh also one of the 5 tickets that I got was after I sold my system, It was all factory but hu. The cop pulled me over in mentor for my system, and told me he was taking it. I told him I sold it already and showed him I had all factory stuff and he wrote me a ticket anyway and said he heard me coming. I tried to fight it and lost. The moral of the story is if you act like an idiot bad things are going to happen.

The laws are made because of stupid people who don't use the volume knob when they should. For instance, there's always some jackass thugs pulling in the apartment complex that I live in at 12-1 am with their system full blast. They will even get out of the vehicle and leave the system full blast!they do the same **** at stores etc...stuff like that gives all aftermarket audio a bad name and creates the intolerance.

If people would bump appropriately, wouldn't be a need for noise violations. When I'm sleeping, or trying to at least, I don't need some ******* playing his **** full tilt.

It's called respect..show a little and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Bahh cops are suppose to be Peace Officers not revenue generators!!!! Just got done paying $518 bucks for a busted tail light!!!! WTF reason it was so high is I plead not guilty so then they found me guilty and hit me with court cost, officers time, judges new car fund, etc. May one die today.

But you won't see a Harley getting pulled over for too loud of pipes. Did I forget to mention we even come with a volume knob unlike a Harley's exhaust?!
You're obviously not a biker. My brother got a $275 ticket for loud pipes on his bike here in CT, and the local mc group is constantly at the state capitol lobbying to keep politicians from enacting new laws about it.

Imagine what it'd be like if they made a law that you can't change a car's sound system from stock. That's what they're doing for motorcycle exhaust systems.

we have a noise law in my city but the cops are not bad on it. knock on wood they usualy jus tell me to turn it down. the "thug want to be's" that go in gas stations with there **** playing(usually not very loud just makes a bunch of annoying noise because of their trunk). my car club memebers say im bout about riding and having mine all the way up, but they fail to understand that i wont go past half way unless im at a comp. i guess the only thing im bad about is when someone pulls up next to me at a light and they turn their **** up and then look at me, so its a natural reaction for me to reply to their challenge lmao

You're obviously not a biker. My brother got a $275 ticket for loud pipes on his bike here in CT, and the local mc group is constantly at the state capitol lobbying to keep politicians from enacting new laws about it.
Imagine what it'd be like if they made a law that you can't change a car's sound system from stock. That's what they're doing for motorcycle exhaust systems.

Is there anywhere I can donate to, to speed up the process and enable it nationwide? Theres a crap ton of motorcycles where I live and they are all loud and obnoxious and sound like azz.

it is total bull **** I live right on the border between michigan and ohio and in michigan the law states any "un neccesary noise" is in violation. Tell me thats not complete bull ****. Its not a distance or a db complete bull ****. Dont know what the law is in ohio but I know in toledo I have seen people have their system full tilt right infront of a cop and the cop wont even look at them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.