Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
For those of you that dont know the kindle fire is a new tablet p.c. which is capable of storing

thousands of mp3's it also has its own built in 3g internet which allows you to download apps and

even use it as a Navigation, or GPS unit.

My favorite part about it is it is only .2 inches taller than your standard double din opening.

If a universal dash kit was made that allowed you to plug and unplug a kindle fire from your dash

would you purchase it?

Now the kindle fire itself cant be a head unit, but it could work as a mp3 and gps system. you

would just have to run a head unit in a separate location. Being that the kindle fire is .2 inches

taller than your standard double din opening the dash kit would have to plug into the opening and

than come out from the dash maybe 1/4 of an inch.

I have talked to a large head unit dash kit company and they told me I was the first person to ask them about this, and if there was more interest in it, it might be something they look into

So what are you thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
would be nice if they made one for my ipad, little too big but i think they could make it work, im tired of doing custom tablet dashes.

I love having a removable touchscreen as my music source, SOOO much easier for searching through thousands of songs easily.. not too mention the Navi and Angry Birds:naughty:

Yea I feel like the ipod is too big and if there was a kit made it would have to extend too far out from the dash

your main problem is the extreme heat and extreme cold, these tablet are not made to withstand harsh environment. I don't think this will work

Well I would want the tablet to be some what removable. dont think heat would be too big of a problem but the extreme cold would and If it had some sort of a clip in clip out device that would make it work. Now that verizon sells 4g for them sat nav would be wonderful on these things. As far as me putting one in my dash I gave up on the concept funds got tight

Is the legality of using this while driving an issue? What are the laws dealing with the use of tablets while driving? just something to keep in mind...

Is the legality of using this while driving an issue? What are the laws dealing with the use of tablets while driving? just something to keep in mind...
I think if it was plugged in and setup in your dash you could pass it as just being your radio and they couldnt say anything. Now if it wasnt docked and like in your lap I could see the complaint

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...