No sound from car speakers! Help Fast!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

zach202
10+ year member

canton
So i recently bought a new used car ( 2000 mitsubishi mirage ) came with a aftermarket headunit which is a vr3 ( off brand ) so i figured i would replace it once i got the money, anyways i hooked up 3 12" kicker cvr's and a hifonics brutus bxi1210D amp. everything worked perfectly fine until i was messing with it today and pull the headunit out and something happened ( no idea ) and none of my door speakers work, my subs work perfectly still. so i rewired everything and still nothing. the speakers buzz when my car is on ACC. no matter what ive done nothing works, ive changed the ground wire from the Headunit and still nothing. please can somebody help me out on this?

If theres smoke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif Ahhh did you hook the vr3 back up yet and see if ya got sound? Just unhook the power wires and ground and 1 speaker on your new hu. See if you have not done this.

nothing smoked or anything it was completely off when i was messing with it, ive retried hooking it up but i get no music out of door speakers just buzzing. my subs work perfect though.

Ohh I thought you said you got a new headunit and this happen to the new one... No wonder why its a vr3.. Sorry if it was me I would just go inside and get some random car speaker and hook a small speaker wire up to it and then unhook one speaker from the hu and try it. Or take the whole headunit out again and go inside hook it up to a battery charger and a single speaker. That way you know for sure its just the headunit. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.