Help in wiring single sub to this amp!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hcw
10+ year member

USX 2080 amp

Details:

•stereo or bridged mono output

•Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)

•140 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

•280 watts x 1 in bridged mode

•requires 10-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

•variable high-pass (65-4500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and low-pass (40-460 Hz, 24 dB/octave) crossovers

•anti-thump circuit

•speaker-level inputs

•preamp outputs

•thermal, short-circuit, and power/ground reversal protection

Single Sub. Polk 1040 dvc

•10" Polk Audio db Series Marine Certified Subwoofer

•Power Handling:

◦Peak: 540 watts

◦RMS: 270 watts

•Impedance: Dual 4 ohm

•Polypropylene cone

•Santoprene surround

•Fire-retardant flat NOMEX® Spider

•Double venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece

•2" Kapton dual voice coil

•Frequency response: 28-200 Hz

•Sensitivity: 86 dB

Is this the correct way to wire this amp to the sub?

both + terminals on sub wired together than going to + positive terminal on channel 1 of amp

both - terminals on sub wired together than going to - negative terminal on channel 2 of amp.

This should give a 2ohm load and take advantage of the 270w from the amp to the single sub?

i am getting confused with the 4 0hm dvc if this takes it to 2ohm and the amp is also capable of this?

Thank you.

Is that an Acoustics USX 2080? If so I believe it is only 4ohms mono/bridged.I will look specs up if I can find,It could be 2ohms stable, but not likely if it is one im thinking of.

Only thing I found was ..It is a Zed Made amp, but ,bridged/mono, it stated @4ohms.Any lower, and you run a chance of cooking that amp.Thats of all I could find at the moment.

So I need to either replace with svc 4ohm sub to run off this amp or move it over to the rear 2 channels of my quart Q.4.150 that is 2 ohm stable and use this zed amp to run my front fos

gate 4 inch coaxials by the sounds of it? sound about right.

AMP Specs.

• Q Series 4-Channel Class AB Car Amplifier

• RMS Power Rating:

o 4 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan.

o 2 ohms: 220 watts x 4 chan.

o Bridged, 4 ohms: 440 watts x 2 chan.

• Max power output: 1760 watts

• High Speed MOSFET Output Devices

• LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators

• Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost from selectable frequency range 30-80 Hz)

• Soft Start Turn-on

• 4/3/2 channel operation

• Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps

• 3-Way System Protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)

• Top Mount Control

• Variable Low Pass, and High Pass for specific tuning adjustments

• Full Feature Crossover Design

• Clipping Control with Pre-Clip, Soft Clip and Full Clip Visual Indicators

• Built-in System Diagnostics

• Double Sided PCB Design

• High-density split-dome convection heat sink for high amounts of heat dissipation

• Plated RCA level inputs

• Input sensitivity:

o Low level: 0.2V-9V

• Channels 1 & 2 high-pass filter (20-45,000 Hz)

• Channels 3 & 4 high-pass filter (15-1000 Hz)

• Variable low-pass filter (40-45,000 Hz)

• Damping factor: >285

• Frequency response: 15-45,000 Hz

• CEA-2006 compliant amplifier

• Dimensions: 20-1/4"L x 9-1/8"W x 2"H

USX 2080 amp

Specs:

•stereo or bridged mono output

•Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)

•140 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

•280 watts x 1 in bridged mode

•requires 10-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

•variable high-pass (65-4500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and low-pass (40-460 Hz, 24 dB/octave) crossovers

•anti-thump circuit

•speaker-level inputs

•preamp outputs

•thermal, short-circuit, and power/ground reversal protection

Last edited by a moderator:
You can run one set of coils of the sub,thus only retrieving 1/2 the rms value/rating of that sub,another option, until you decide to get /swap amps and or get another sub?You can run your amplifier (4ch) in 3ch mode as well, and swap rcas from amp to amp for the rears/sub be what Id do,and run that onyx on the fron 1 and 2 ch, and bridge mode 3 and 4 on the sub , should not be an issue,Just be sure to pay attention on setting your selective switches, and turning your gains down also,and adjust during tuning/setting them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.