Jumping Back In The Game And I need "Sound" Advice!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, It's time for me to come back, and with force. Here's where you come in fellas (and ladies). I haven't been in to car audio since 200-2001. Tecnology has seriously evolved since 2000-ish, and I dont know where to begin to shop, or whagt to shop for.

Chances are, I should be posting this next part in a different thread, but until someone can lead me in the right direction, I'll post it here. I'm in need of:

1. A head unit

2. An amp (or two)

3. Suggestions on what wiring I should use and

4. Speakers (4x10's front, 4x6's rear pillars)

I already have a sub

This is going into a 1987 Pontiac Fiero (yes, Fiero)

I REALLLLLY want to keep the factory unit. I love the stock look, and The red lighting that matches the dash. I also don't mind using a cassette adapter for my iPod (I'm not trying to impress anyone) The only deck I can remotely see myself using is the Kenwood KDC-BT948HD. I want to retain a cd player, as well as the ability to have a red face.

Now I know I can't hook up an amp or subs to my factory unit. But if I can really be directed in the right direction, I'll be more than happy to change my mind (and just look for another Fiero to keep stock).

I have a thick skin, so ALL Fiero jabs are welcomed. All that I ask is that you really give me some real audio advice as well.

LOL Fiero.

First of all whats your budget, goals, etc.?

Im sure Im gonna be the first of many to tell you to try and cut the 4x10's into a different size, with the help of a baffle. Havent seen many 4x10" speakers, let alone good quality ones if youre into sound quality.

As far as keeping the stock HU, youre going to need a Line Output converter. It Turns the speaker wires into RCA's for your amps. Good ones, can get pretty pricey and in the long run youll most likely be better off getting an aftermarket HU. Many of the newer models make it so you can change the display color to match.

LOL Fiero.
First of all whats your budget, goals, etc.?

Im sure Im gonna be the first of many to tell you to try and cut the 4x10's into a different size, with the help of a baffle. Havent seen many 4x10" speakers, let alone good quality ones if youre into sound quality.

As far as keeping the stock HU, youre going to need a Line Output converter. It Turns the speaker wires into RCA's for your amps. Good ones, can get pretty pricey and in the long run youll most likely be better off getting an aftermarket HU. Many of the newer models make it so you can change the display color to match.
My goal is to remain under $4k (not includng sound-deadining the cockpit) with a stock-looking interior, and quality sound. I'm not trying to win any db contests, but I would like some punch

OKay looked at a few Fiero Pics, are the 4x10 speakers on the dash?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Btw 06Goat, I have an 06 GTO, as well. Bone stock 6.0. Talk about a sleeper, huh?
Yeah theyre pretty quick. Doing a SQ install in it currently. Performance will come next winter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Yes, the 4x10's are in the dash. Their are Kenwood 4x10's in there now, but there's plenty of space to put a component speaker in there.

Btw, to all that are reading, please forgive my slow replies, I'm still getting use to the forum's layout.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.