No More Maxima :'( (pic)

Yea I was kinda thinking it was repairable. But yet again my wreck looked ALOT less severe and they totaled it.
I think he said the frame was bent under the doors though.
Didn't you total and eldog? You smashed the whole front of that thing up as I remember. Man. Everyone and these accidents! SHEEZE.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

yea my parents bought me the car, but it came as result of YEARS of GREAT grades in school along with working with my dad at our motel. thats why i had that car.

all the audio i worked for at our business and payed for myself. i think my dad gave me a whole $200 that i didnt have to pay back.

and the only thing about her speed was this:

im going speed limit about 45, she supposedly came to a complete stop at the intersection. what im saying is, if she came to a complete stop, do you think she could regain enough speed to cause an impact like that? yea i didn't stop, but she "had right away" because she supposedly stopped. i really think she didn't though, because a truck turned right infront of her and he was speeding thats why i slowed down even more, i dont think there was time for her to completely stop then move on.

but we'll see.

and the cop and tow truck guy said axle is pretty badly bent along with frame, so im thinking even if i get the car back it will NEVER be the same. same in truck, where the battery was, was all bent up, because before he towed it i took out subs + amp + battery.

do bad grounds hold back power? because i saw the ground for the first time and it looked sloppy as hell with like 100000 screws in it.

Sorry bout your car

Hearing you failed to notice a broken traffic light at 45MPH scares me. If she was 10 feet further, you probably would have put her in the hospital for a week.

When you saw the traffic light out, SLOW DOWN...wtf...why do people never understand this concept. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif A broken traffic light is a stop sign.

its there parents money, let them spend it how they want. your making a deal out of a Maxima, i know kids whos first cars were Escalades, Range Rovers, Lexus's, BMWs, an a whole lot more nicer cars then just a Maxima. dont get me wrong the Maximas are nice cars, but its not that big of a deal. an the kid with the Expo an 4 BTL's, is paying for his equipment, he just didnt buy the car. you just need to get up off the Hatorade an let people be. if you have such a problem with it, dont do it for your kids./
Thats a good point, I mean we all get help from our parents sometimes, some are just fortunate to get a little more. Doesnt make them spoiled by default either...those who are ungrateful are the ones who should not get ****...
I bought my first car, which was a POS, and my parents paid 3000 (half) for my second car (maxima) and are paying for half of my first year at college. Im paying the rest. Im pretty fortunate...

do you really use the word "ain't" in that context during nomal speech?
ain't no thing but a chicken wing!
really, online and when i talk i don't really care, as long as when it matters (in school) i dont mess up.

and if i have to take pics of my academic record through junior year, i will.

i rank 19 out of 600

Im not following the line of reasoning about if she made a complete stop or not. You didn't, not even close. Are you just suspiscious she made the same mistake you did?

Your car sustained alot of damage. But you said you were doing 45, pretty fast. Was all the damage from her speed, your speed, or a combination? Hard to say. But the fact you were moving so fast means its hard to assume she had to be also. I guess the time to have disputed that would have been then and there, in front of the cop.

Sorry man, at least you are safe. You'll have another ride, dont sweat the small stuff. The big issue is you'll be around to get another vehicle. Hopefully you learned a lesson from this. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im not following the line of reasoning about if she made a complete stop or not. You didn't, not even close. Are you just suspiscious she made the same mistake you did?
Your car sustained alot of damage. But you said you were doing 45, pretty fast. Was all the damage from her speed, your speed, or a combination? Hard to say. But the fact you were moving so fast means its hard to assume she had to be also. I guess the time to have disputed that would have been then and there, in front of the cop.

Sorry man, at least you are safe. You'll have another ride, dont sweat the small stuff. The big issue is you'll be around to get another vehicle. Hopefully you learned a lesson from this. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yea because if she made the same mistake, then noone would be at fault.

she went right into my drivers side, i thought it'd take a lot to bend the rear wheel, but i guess not from what people say on here. still thats a hard hit, i spun around and hit another car, and even set off there airbags. i was hit as soon as i entered the intersection, the car i spun into was making a right but a good distance away.

still i just think if im going 45, and she hits me going 10-15, which she'd be doing if she COMPLETELY stopped, i cant comprehend how there could be so much damage. i mean the window switches popped out, panels inside were popped out, the rear door is out of place, in the trunk when i took out the battery the floor was bent. i just dont understand how if she made a complete stop she could have attained such a speed to do that, even if i was going 45; which i understand is fast.

another reason i think she didn't stop was becuase before i got to the intersection a blue truck turned from same place she came from, but he was speeding like crazy so i slowed down, and as soon as i got to the intersection bam i was hit.

i HIGHLY DOUBT there was enough time for her to make a complete stop and then go after that truck, just not a big enough time interval.

i was on the main road, and she was on a cross street, the main road was packed with cars, so after that truck goes, she makes a complete stop, dont you think the cars on the main road that have already stopped would go, preventing her from going???

and my brother is a cop in daytona, he says the cop can make his verdict on who was at fault, but ultimately is up to the insurance companies to battle it out.

i admit im at fault for not stopping, but if she didnt stop also, admit it and take fault with me. i messed up and i payed for it, but i simply cant comprehend how my car is so badly damaged, only thing with hers was the front bumpers flew off and followed my car (as you see in pic). all that and my car is smashed?????

when we were on the side of the road, another accident almost happened just like mine, i heard skids, looked up and saw it almost happen.

but yea in the end, i feared my dad's reaction the most. but he just said at least your still here its just a **** car and can be replaced. after that i was relieved, now im just worried on how i can get another car/ what happens next.

and some of you may remember when the snake was in the car and then came out on my lap....well turns out i had on the SAME outfit both times!!!

and earlier i quit my job of 1 day b/c it straight ******, told them i had a family emergency and had to go to NY, then on my way home from daytona this happens. Karma is a bia.

Yes, honestly it makes alot of sense to me that she was going slow, and you fast. Look at the damage to your car, its not terribly deep, but it drags the whole length of the car. looks to me like you were hit, at the door, the car that hit you did not penetrate too deeply, but then your car's momentum kept you going, dragging her along your car till it got to the back bumper/axle, caught and spun you out.

IMO the picture, and your desciption of her damage, indicates you were gong fast and were t-boned by someone going considerably slower.

Also, how far did her car travel after the collision? If it was traveling very fast, it should have carried well beyond the impact site just like yours did. Usually I think the police send an officer trained in accident collisions, dont they? I see them out measuring skid marks and such alot. Or maybe that's only for fatal crashes? *shrug*

Anyway, not trying to bust your balls man. Sorry if it sound like I am. Just trying to give you another perspective on what looks like happened. If Im wrong, or if you can get the insurance company to see it differently, more power to ya.

Good luck bud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.