DJ B-Stee
10+ year member

Ok Gave up today cuz i can't fix this problem and it got dark

here is my current setup:

Pioneer 6500 HU

audiobahn alum12q in subzone ported box

Memphis ST-500D amp

Audiobahn 4x6's w/removable tweeters mounted by side mirrors

I'm installing a 2nd amp and daisy chained the remote wire off the memphis and connected it (did not connect power or ground to 2nd amp yet)

however, when i had the remote connected and plugged in the rca cables, the memphis amp went into protect mode... i think i have a ground loop to the memphis as well, i havent had a chance to find out why that is either tho....

also, where would you recommend as a ground point? i have a 96 grand am sedan...

I suggest connecting the power and ground of the second amp then see what happens.

As for ground look for a bit of your chasey, inside the door (presuming the door is connected tot he rest of the car with a cnductive material.) or behing a bit of carpet somewhere.

ok...got it hooked up and my speakers work...but NOW I HAVE ALT WHINE!!!!!!

the 2 amps are grounded to the same spot...(Back of the trunk by the rear deck)...would running my head unit ground to that spot fix anything or am i going to have to do something else?

It might help......The grounds are very far awayand there might be a difference in potential between grounds (different resistances to the battery terminal).

You could also double check both ground points and make sure they are in PRISTINE condition and securely connected.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.