Newbie - Need help with box design please

IDK if I'd assume you got 3200 watts on tap... but I came up with this.

IoLW0K.jpg
I would flip the v shaped configuration around so there isn't a sub so close to the port. 

Easy peasy...

Yes, it'll be better like this... Thx
Sorry shredder, work picked up so I've had no time for this project. Well some things changed over the last month so this isn't going to work anymore. Here's what happened if you're interested.

Last week I gave my friend my Rockville DB14 1000w RMS amp, a set of Pyle PLB8 8" subwoofers, sealed box, 2 farad capacitor (he didn't do the big 3) and some wiring to get him back into the stereo game. I hoped some cheap equipment would give him the bite. We spent 12 hours taking his Audi A4 apart, professionally installed everything by making it look absolutely factory original. Powered up the Pyles and found that we couldn't get more then 104db out of em'... It was the end of the day, my wife was calling for me to get back home; We were pressed for time and scratching our heads. Question was; "are those pyle speakers really that bad?" We had no time to find out. I ripped the 12" Cerwin Vega subwoofer out of my jeep and hooked it up to his car. 130db right out of the gate. Told him happy birthday and drove away.

I got home cracked a can of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and ordered a 15" Cerwin Vega ST154D Stroker 4 ohm 1200rms subwoofer with a generic box for now. Embarrassing part is, I don't know anything about this subwoofer.  Is it good? Mid grade or low end still?  I've read good things about the stroker series.

New plan is to run 2 of these subs in a custom box.

Is there anyways I can compensate you for your time on this design?

For a 15" CV ST154D?.. what amp... the Rockville?

IIRC it was a Db4000 ... correct?

I used the CV troker 15d2 circa 1997 and it was a beast back then.

If it's anything like CV used to make, Imo that's one decent sub... i'll look at it... the Jeep still?

For a 15" CV ST154D?.. what amp... the Rockville?

IIRC it was a Db4000 ... correct?

I used the CV troker 15d2 circa 1997 and it was a beast back then.

If it's anything like CV used to make, Imo that's one decent sub... i'll look at it... the Jeep still?

Yes. Rockville DB16 2000w RMS (I was mistaken, not 4000w RMS). I'm sure one isn't going to be enough for these subs so I'll order a second one. Two 15's with 4000w rms total in a top firing box with ports please.

Direct from the website:

RMS Power

1200 watt

Subwoofer Size

15" Subwoofer

Voice Coil Impedance

DVC 4 ohm

Voice Coil Size

3 inch voice coil

SPL (dB)

Re (Ω) [series]

Qms

Qes

Qts

Fs (Hz)

Vas (L)

Cms (mm/N)

Mms (g)

Sd (m2)

BL (T*M)

Xmax (mm)

Pwr (W) NOM/MAX

1200/2400

DIMENSIONS

Total Diameter (A)

15.35 Inch

389.9 mm

Mounting Diameter (B)

14.07 Inch

357.4 mm

Screw Hole Diameter (C)

0.216 Inch

5.5 mm

Mounting Depth (D)

9.48 Inch

240.9 mm

Magnet Diameter (E)

8.45 Inch

214.5 mm

Hole Diameter (F)

14.75 Inch

374.7 mm

Displacement (ft3/L)

0.191 Cubic Feet

5.4 L

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf?... first time my previous posts aren't visible and snip in a quote?

weird... the designs are in my profile in my posts still but not in the thread anymore.

New format sux IMO.... my .02

Lol

Wtf?... first time my previous posts aren't visible and snip in a quote?

weird... the designs are in my profile in my posts still but not in the thread anymore.

New format sux IMO.... my .02

Lol
I'm not seeing the new designs if they were posted.

I know designing boxes requires time to tune correctly so I'm going to condense everything down to this post for you to make it as easy as possible!

At some point, we need a clear way to compensate you for your time and troubles. $200+ seems fair but we can figure that out when its done. Can't remember if I said it, but thank you for taking time to help me with this. I really do appreciate everything that goes into helping an internet stranger. I've spent a good deal of time over the years helping others on many forums so its nice to see there are plenty of people out there still willing to help.

• Vehicle: 92 Jeep Wrangler Hardtop with no doors
  • Big 3 - 200a alt. (on order) - 1/0ga wires - 3 batteries - 3 300a fuses
  • box size: 42" Length x 36" width x 18" height (height: up to 24" if you need more volume) I'd prefer two ports for symmetry - If one is better, just put it in the center if possible. I don't care how complex it is, I have a woodworking shop in my basement and a whole winter to build this.   :)  
  • Amps: Rockville DB16 2000w RMS (x2)
  • Subwoofers: CV st154d (x2)

RMS Power

1200 watt

Subwoofer Size

15" Subwoofer

Voice Coil Impedance

DVC 4 ohm

Voice Coil Size

3 inch voice coil

SPL (dB)

Re (Ω) [series]

Qms

Qes

Qts

Fs (Hz)

Vas (L)

Cms (mm/N)

Mms (g)

Sd (m2)

BL (T*M)

Xmax (mm)

Pwr (W) NOM/MAX

1200/2400

DIMENSIONS

Total Diameter (A)

15.35 Inch

389.9 mm

Mounting Diameter (B)

14.07 Inch

357.4 mm

Screw Hole Diameter (C)

0.216 Inch

5.5 mm

Mounting Depth (D)

9.48 Inch

240.9 mm

Magnet Diameter (E)

8.45 Inch

214.5 mm

Hole Diameter (F)

14.75 Inch

374.7 mm

Displacement (ft3/L)

0.191 Cubic Feet

5.4 L 

Im gonna pass on the design... I've started a new job and have NO free time atm... id recommend  @cscstang or @buck ... lotsa others will probably step-up for the $.

Id start a new thread and someone else should help... sorry for the confusion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.