Newbie in need of some help, well lots of help

Participant count
  • Participant list

lcplcookba1

gentleman, ladies I basically know nothing and I'm sure this question has been asked by every newbie with a car. So be gentle, OK Ive had my stereo for 3 years and really don't know how to set it up, just wasn't a priorty. It sounded ok but I'm ready to make it sound better. Well thats my hope anyhow. So this is what I have in a 2010 Charger

Head unit=Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD

Amplifiers Fosgate

1- T1000-4ad

1-P1000X1bd

1-P600X4

Speakers

4-Kenwood X693 6x9's 2 in the rear deck 2 in the front door's 3ohm

6- Fosgate T1T=-S 1" Tweeters 4ohm

2- Fosgate T-165-S 6.5" Components in a box in the rear deck 4 ohm

2-Fosgate TD212 2ohm wired for 1ohm load ported box

So I know nothing about slope or crossover frequencies or gains and have blown a few speakers and am tired of pulling out the rear seat. Is there a link or some easy steps to follow so I can get this system dialed in. The head unit has crossovers and the amps have crossovers and I'm just kind of lost, Thanks in advance

gentleman, ladies I basically know nothing and I'm sure this question has been asked by every newbie with a car. So be gentle, OK Ive had my stereo for 3 years and really don't know how to set it up, just wasn't a priorty. It sounded ok but I'm ready to make it sound better. Well thats my hope anyhow. So this is what I have in a 2010 Charger Head unit=Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD

Amplifiers Fosgate

1- T1000-4ad

1-P1000X1bd

1-P600X4

Speakers

4-Kenwood X693 6x9's 2 in the rear deck 2 in the front door's 3ohm

6- Fosgate T1T=-S 1" Tweeters 4ohm

2- Fosgate T-165-S 6.5" Components in a box in the rear deck 4 ohm

2-Fosgate TD212 2ohm wired for 1ohm load ported box

So I know nothing about slope or crossover frequencies or gains and have blown a few speakers and am tired of pulling out the rear seat. Is there a link or some easy steps to follow so I can get this system dialed in. The head unit has crossovers and the amps have crossovers and I'm just kind of lost, Thanks in advance
If you're blowing speakers then I need to ask how are you setting your gains?

If you're blowing speakers then I need to ask how are you setting your gains?
they are very low, but the ones that I have had problems with are in the rear deck. I was thinking the subs were doing something to them the door speakers seeem to be ok. I just know I don't have my crossovers/ slopes set correctly and thought that might be Y

they are very low, but the ones that I have had problems with are in the rear deck. I was thinking the subs were doing something to them the door speakers seeem to be ok. I just know I don't have my crossovers/ slopes set correctly and thought that might be Y
you still didn't answer the question. "very low" does not answer how you set your gains, that just indicates that you're using it like a volume knob. a crossover slope will not blow a speaker, it can't. first off you have too many speaker on your rear deck, maybe you should start there.

You can physically damage speakers in the rear deck with the subs mounted in the trunk. The pressure tries to go somewhere. So it will push out on the speakers. Think of those videos with body panels flexing. On a smaller scale, that's your rear deck speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.