New (to me) car ... need help figuring this out ...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok ... picked up a 2003 WRX, and the previous owner did a wonderful job with the car audio, and it works great, but I can't get the video part of it figured out ...

Installed in the double din where the radio would be is this ... it's a 7" TFT LCD from Lilliput ...

acda58cb.jpg

c0ada97d.jpg

(he had to *ahem* "modify" it to fit)

I know very little about car audio/video, but I'm trying to learn (and fix this!), so I am humbly asking for your wisdom and guidance ... how do I make this worK!?!?!?

The previous owner had his laptop hooked up to it, and had an audio cable plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop and was able to use it that way.

Ideally, I would like to be able to plug my iPhone into it and play videos/display GPS through the screen. I found an iPod to 9-pin cable (iPO4DC9 - Dension iPO4DC9 9-Pin Dock cable for iPod - Dension - iPod), but I don't even know if it will work because it says "The iPod docking cable allows the iPod to sync and charge. The iPo4CD9 9-pin iPod Docking cable is specific to connecting Dension Gateway iCE Link Lite, 100, 300, 400, 500 iPod Adapter Kits. The iP04DC9 cable is 4ft. long a 9-PIN mini-Din plug on one end and iPod 30-pin dock connector on the other."

Does anyone make/sell a female-to-female 9-pin adapter? I searched, but have been unsuccessful at finding one ...

Would an adapter + that cable make it work?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

*sigh*

Thanks for the help!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Marlette

unless you can go throug 1 of those ports you need a headunit or another laptop to operate that screen.. i think it maybe useless without a video source.. idk

unless you can go throug 1 of those ports you need a headunit or another laptop to operate that screen.. i think it maybe useless without a video source.. idk
Well, the video source would be the iPhone ... that cable I linked would (in theory) be the video-out ... but I can't find a F to F adapter for 9-pin ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.