New to Car Audio need some help!!!

Komsan6063
10+ year member

Florida
So i am going to get these kickers below \/\/\/\/\/\/. (((((((Are they 800 rms watts each or 800 total?)))))They seem good and are only like 300 bucks. Now i need help finding an amplifier to power these. I dont want something expensive like a kicker amp but something around same power and quality. I have heard that hifonics have good amps but i dont know for sure. Could someone tell me an amp thats in the 100-200 max range that will do what i need? Also what wiring kit do i need?

Any help is much appreciated, I have never owned a system and i havent found help elsewhere! Thanks!!!

Subwoofer Specifications:

12" CompVR Subwoofers

Power Handling:

Peak: 1600 watts

RMS: 800 watts

Enclosure impedance: 2 ohms (Wired internally in series/parallel to final 2 ohm impedance)

Injection molded cone woofer

Ribbed santoprene surround

360-degree back bracing

Alunimized coating

Spring loaded push terminals and perimeter venting

Textured steel basket

High temperature dual 4 ohm voice coils

Frequency response: 25-500 Hz

Sensitivity: 86 dB

Authorized Internet Dealer

1-year manufacturer's warranty (subwoofer only)

Enclosure Specifications:

Dual 12" Vented Enclosure

3/4" MDF Construction

Heavy duty black carpeting

Embroidered Kicker logo

Dimensions: 32-3/8" W x 16" H x 17-3/8" D (Bottom) x 13-15/16" D (Top)

If you haven't purchased those wooofers, then don't. We can get you something much better for the money, plus that will sound bad

Let's start at the beginning. What is your total budget for amp, subs and box. What vehicle is it going in?

So i am going to get these kickers below \/\/\/\/\/\/. (((((((Are they 800 rms watts each or 800 total?)))))They seem good and are only like 300 bucks. Now i need help finding an amplifier to power these. I dont want something expensive like a kicker amp but something around same power and quality. I have heard that hifonics have good amps but i dont know for sure. Could someone tell me an amp thats in the 100-200 max range that will do what i need? Also what wiring kit do i need?

Subwoofer Specifications:

12" CompVR Subwoofers

Power Handling:

Peak: 1600 watts

RMS: 800 watts

Enclosure impedance: 2 ohms (Wired internally in series/parallel to final 2 ohm impedance)

Injection molded cone woofer

Ribbed santoprene surround

360-degree back bracing

Alunimized coating

Spring loaded push terminals and perimeter venting

Textured steel basket

High temperature dual 4 ohm voice coils

Frequency response: 25-500 Hz

Sensitivity: 86 dB

Authorized Internet Dealer

1-year manufacturer's warranty (subwoofer only)

Enclosure Specifications:

Dual 12" Vented Enclosure

3/4" MDF Construction

Heavy duty black carpeting

Embroidered Kicker logo

Dimensions: 32-3/8" W x 16" H x 17-3/8" D (Bottom) x 13-15/16" D (Top)
They fucking suck and you're a fucking moron for thinking they're good. What about them seems good? You have no idea, do you?

and i havent found help elsewhere
I posted in the topic you made almost exactly a day ago, giving you plenty of advice, here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/545083-new-car-audio.html

Honestly, I almost feel like you're just going to buy whatever you see on YouTube regardless of what anyone here says. In that case, maybe look for some 10 gauge power and ground wire from Walmart, pick up one of their Boss amps, and go to town.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

If you haven't purchased those wooofers, then don't. We can get you something much better for the money, plus that will sound bad
Let's start at the beginning. What is your total budget for amp, subs and box. What vehicle is it going in?
His budget is $500 total, including a professional install, head unit, amp, box, and subs. Full list of requirements are in his last thread of nearly the exact same title(excluding "need some help!!!").

So i cant get anything with 600 bucks? the 600 doesnt include professional installation. My parents said theyd put 600 down for a system as a graduation gift. id pay for installation

[quote name='Komsan6063']lol ****** ****** you dont give advice you just call ppl out for not knowing alot.[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I posted in your topic yesterday trying to give you advice. So did two other people. Now that you're back today, 24 hours later, with a new topic about the exact same thing that was addressed yesterday, I'm wondering why you're even here at all. I tried to help, but you don't want to stray away from the CVRs that you thought were so badass on YouTube.

$600 is for what, then? Head unit, subs, amp, box, wiring? It could be done, but you can't be expecting a ton of power with that.

You could get two SSA Dcons for $125(plus shipping) each: DCON-12 D4

An Audiopipe APSM-1500 for $115(after a coupon): Audiopipe APSM-1500 1500 Watt Mono Mini Amplifier : APSM1500 : VMInnovations.com

JVC head unit for $70: JVC KD-R330 (KDR330) In-Dash CD/MP3 Car Stereo Receiver w/ Remote

Prefab sealed box(slightly less than optimal, but it would be fine) for $60: Custom Enclosures MDFD12 Dual 12" 3/4" MDF Sealed Subwoofer

Knu Konceptz 1/0 OFC amp kit(should be enough extra to somewhat beef up your electrical, although you'll be running at 4 ohms so it wouldn't be that bad: 0 GAUGE AMP POWER KIT

That's right at $600, and shipping would put you slightly over the top. If you want to go a bit cheaper on your wire, @Argent Audio can probably hook you up with some cheap Stinger stuff at a good price, or look at Cadence's wiring kits(I can give you a link if you want one).

First off, if you're paying $300 for CVRs, youre doing it wrong. I had CVRs and got em for 75 a pop online, and at that price, they're pretty hard to beat IMO....but at 300, HECK NO! I'd look at the SSA DCON or Dayton Reference HO.

In case I missed it, are u set on buying new? u can get much more for your money buying used....what part of Florida are u in? I know some ppl around Florida who might be able to hook u up...

Bro, take a word - listen to these guys. Believe me, I once thought Kicker was the sh*t, and I planned on buying 2 L7s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Now, after looking around the forum for a while, I know there are incredible brands out there (I realize it's like the mainstream for underground products, but..) like Sundown, that can annihalate the competition for a great price. SSA, Dayton, and SKAR are some others, just to name a few. Do some researching and familiarize yourself with all of the brands before you buy, I'm really glad I did. Back when the CVRs were about $75, they were a good deal. But at $300, how do you plan on spending the remaining $300 for a good amp, HU, and box? Not to mention wiring.

My point is, familiarize yourself with more brands before you buy. Not trying to bash on Kicker, but it'll be a huge wallet-saver and you'll be bumpin' harder than you're ever gonna with those CVRs.

Bro, take a word - listen to these guys. Believe me, I once thought Kicker was the sh*t, and I planned on buying 2 L7s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif
Now, after looking around the forum for a while, I know there are incredible brands out there (I realize it's like the mainstream for underground products, but..) like Sundown, that can annihalate the competition for a great price. SSA, Dayton, and SKAR are some others, just to name a few. Do some researching and familiarize yourself with all of the brands before you buy, I'm really glad I did. Back when the CVRs were about $75, they were a good deal. But at $300, how do you plan on spending the remaining $300 for a good amp, HU, and box? Not to mention wiring.

My point is, familiarize yourself with more brands before you buy. Not trying to bash on Kicker, but it'll be a huge wallet-saver and you'll be bumpin' harder than you're ever gonna with those CVRs.
actually l7s are decent subwoofers, their only turnoff is the price... I had one it was my very first sub and I loved it for what it was

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.