New system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gina2191

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am looking to put a system in my car. I don't know the first thing about it. I don't need the Taj Mahal of sound but I want it to sound good. How much would a decent system cost me? I need the radio, amp, and speakers. Also where is the best place to shop? Thanks

I am looking to put a system in my car. I don't know the first thing about it. I don't need the Taj Mahal of sound but I want it to sound good. How much would a decent system cost me? I need the radio, amp, and speakers. Also where is the best place to shop? Thanks
I would imagine Florida should have an abundant amount of Audio Shops to ask around at about that and get a quick estimate and some ideas.

Anyhow, you could just get a regular ok’ pioneer double din head unit, some component speakers, maybe a pioneer 1200 watt 4 channel amp and whatever 1000rms or less sub u can find and call it a day. Too many brands and equipment to list if you don’t have a specific goal or idea.

Pop is in Florida and should know some of the good local shops down there. Music tastes, budget all of that will come into play. You can always buy some stuff online from Sonicelectronix, Crutchfield along with many other places like Sundown and what not & take the stuff to an installer if they will allow it. Some do and some don't just depends.

I would imagine Florida should have an abundant amount of Audio Shops to ask around at about that and get a quick estimate and some ideas.

Anyhow, you could just get a regular ok’ pioneer double din head unit, some component speakers, maybe a pioneer 1200 watt 4 channel amp and whatever 1000rms or less sub u can find and call it a day. Too many brands and equipment to list if you don’t have a specific goal or idea.
Thank you. I'm just starting with this and I can use as much knowledge or insight I can get. There are alot of different places and I want to make sure I'm getting the best bang for my buck

Pop is in Florida and should know some of the good local shops down there. Music tastes, budget all of that will come into play. You can always buy some stuff online from Sonicelectronix, Crutchfield along with many other places like Sundown and what not & take the stuff to an installer if they will allow it. Some do and some don't just depends.
That was another question I had so thank you for bringing that up

I'm in north Florida so I can't help much with shops near you but what vehicle are you working with? Newer vehicles tend to be slightly more expensive and complicated depending on the factory setup. If you want to do it yourself I would recommend Crutchfield for equipment and Youtube to find the videos on how to pull your car apart.

I'm in north Florida so I can't help much with shops near you but what vehicle are you working with? Newer vehicles tend to be slightly more expensive and complicated depending on the factory setup. If you want to do it yourself I would recommend Crutchfield for equipment and Youtube to find the videos on how to pull your car apart.
I have a 2017 kia forte. It has about 15 feet in the trunk. For Crutchfield what is a decent system run with amp, speakers, radio, and installation?

I have a 2017 kia forte. It has about 15 feet in the trunk. For Crutchfield what is a decent system run with amp, speakers, radio, and installation?

It really depends on how far you want to go. Headunits can range from $100-1000 depending on what features you want. Unfortunately there is a big shortage on headunits right now so it will be hard to find one in stock. Crutchfield is an online store so no installation from them.

Your budget will be the biggest thing.

You could do
JVC M150BT headunit $200
Infinity 6004a 4 channel amp $189
Infinity reference 6530cx front component speakers $150
Infinity 6532ex rear speakers $75
8 gauge wiring kit $40
4 channel rcas $20
and all the headunit install harnesses and steering wheel control adapter $80

$750. This is all decent lower budget equipment.

Are you wanting subwoofers as well?

It really depends on how far you want to go. Headunits can range from $100-1000 depending on what features you want. Unfortunately there is a big shortage on headunits right now so it will be hard to find one in stock. Crutchfield is an online store so no installation from them.

Your budget will be the biggest thing.

You could do
JVC M150BT headunit $200
Infinity 6004a 4 channel amp $189
Infinity reference 6530cx front component speakers $150
Infinity 6532ex rear speakers $75
8 gauge wiring kit $40
4 channel rcas $20
and all the headunit install harnesses and steering wheel control adapter $80

$750. This is all decent lower budget equipment.

Are you wanting subwoofers as well?
Well I have a little over a grand to work with so if I can keep the cost around there then absolutely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...