System suggestions for 09 Tahoe

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darian Moss

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a 09 Tahoe and installed an aftermarket radio but the stock speakers aren’t loud enough and don’t have enough bass for me. I want something that’s clear and sounds good with bass without rattling the whole truck. I’m new to this so if anyone could help me out that’d be great.

So you want the sound to be clear and you want more bass but your rearview mirror shouldn't point to the floor when the bass kicks in?
Easiest way to do it is the replace the stock speakers with aftermarket speakers of the same size so you can just drop them in.
Run them off a 4 channel amp (without know what speakers I can't recommend power output)
As for bass, there are so many crazy things I could do in a cabin that size....but that's not what you want.
There is a lot of airspace in that car but your just looking for a little bump?
Maybe something a little better than some of the higher end stock systems?
You could probably get away a pair of 8" or even 6.5" but you would have to go with 3 or 4 of them
Since you don't want earth shattering bass you could even put them in a sealed box which would take up less space
It would be more of a SQ setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...