New System not as loud as I assumed or see on YouTube

Bass boost not on, and I turned my box inward because I have a spoiler on my Charger and the sub is breaking the spoiler at the base, so I turned it around until I could get some Second Skin to help reduce the vibrations that are cracking the spoiler.
Sorry, I meant your subwoofer level on the HU. Put it to 0 and reset gain and see if that makes a difference. And was it louder when it was facing towards the rear?

Ummn -10db test tone is a little quiet I usually use a -3db
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Bro, come on.

But actually OP, with a -10dB tone you're probably clipping a decent amount if you listen to any popular new hip hop/rap/dubstep.

A guy i know set his system with one of them and he barely hit either, had good stuff so kicked up the gain and set his crossover and it slammed. those are good if you always want to play it safe but i'd rather slam my sh1t and i don't care about keeping it safe, that's just me but it'll get moving it you kick up that gain, At your own risk!! LOl I feel systems aren't meant to last forever so i bang them hard. this isn't the best advise but it's mine Lol!

Curious, how is youtube a reference of "how loud" something is?
It isn't. But when you watch a sub flex on the same type of box and amp, you can tell that yours is no where near the same movement.

It isn't. But when you watch a sub flex on the same type of box and amp, you can tell that yours is no where near the same movement.
How much your car flexes depends on how well/poorly your car is built. Just because Joe here can flex is his car more than Bob doesn't mean Joe is louder than Bob

Use the -5db track.
The -10db track would actually set the gains higher. But you're right, a -5db track would be safer. I personally set my gains with a -3db tone for the substage. My guess is that the gains are set incorrectly and/or the box is terrible.

Also, try removing the y-splitters and see what happens. It probably won't do anything, but it's worth a shot.

The -10db track would actually set the gains higher. But you're right, a -5db track would be safer. I personally set my gains with a -3db tone for the substage. My guess is that the gains are set incorrectly and/or the box is terrible.
Also, try removing the y-splitters and see what happens. It probably won't do anything, but it's worth a shot.
There's only one splitter, and it's at the head unit connected to the sub out because it's only one RCA, can I even do it without the Y? Using only one rca but 2 in the amp? And I have 48 sq inches of port area, which is basically right where Fi tech specs ask it to be. My box guy just made what I asked for which was 12-16 sq inches per cube I believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.