new system is quiet

Participant count
  • Participant list

garretttt4
10+ year member

big pimpin
Watertown sd
Put in a new system today, two custom mmats juggernaut 12's in 4.3 cubes net tuned to 34hz with a ab vfl 175.1. Wired to half ohm, gain about 2/3 of the way up. Two kinetik hc 2400s in the back and just a regular batt up front with big 3 on stock alt for now and two runs of + one run kf -.Got it all hooked up and Its really quiet. Like just enough to where you barely feel it. Was louder with the juggs on a 800 watt DD m80 so something's not right. Lol

Make sure you don't accidentally have the polarity (pos/neg) on one of the subs swapped.

Electrically it's fine, but one will play 180 degrees out of phase. This causes the subs to cancel each other out, massively reducing your output.

Make sure you don't accidentally have the polarity (pos/neg) on one of the subs swapped.
Electrically it's fine, but one will play 180 degrees out of phase. This causes the subs to cancel each other out, massively reducing your output.
Checked and they're wired good...they both seem like they're moving at the same but idk I guess. On the loudest song they only move maybe a 1/8". Tried running RCA's from my buddies car who has a system in his that works well and its not much louder. So I think something has to be wrong with the amp or wiring. And I'm guessing it's not the amp. But the sub's are each wired to 1 ohm then down to .5 ohm and I'm reading .6 at the amp so idk what it is.

What do you mean another system?Unhook 1 of your subs and see if there's a difference in output.
I had a set of Oz's in a diff box wired at .5 ohm and tried those and its the same. Tried unhooking one of the sub's in my truck and It still only moves like 1/2" if that. Should be moving waaay more than it is...

Settings on the deck are bass is on 0, treble is turned up to like +2, and idk what the others are but they're at 0 though. Subsonic on the amp is at 20, lpf is at 70, bass boost is at 0, phase is at 0° and gain is about 2/3 of the way up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.