Soundstream pn4.520d amp mounting

Participant count
  • Participant list

XterraGoat

I have a pair of these for my 03 xterra. Running 6.5 components, 4in components on one, a set of 6x9s and a aw1060 10 on the other.

The issue I'm having is space.

The 03 xterra has zero useable room for hiding amps. Luckily the 520ds are tiny...and I have found a place to put them...but there will be ZERO ventilation.

The rear seat cushions on an xterra snap into place. Under them is a large enough space to mount an amp on each side. When in place, and the cushions installed, they can't be felt by a passenger.

The amps themselves have no vents, they also run very cool (when installed on the trans tunnel of my previous 4x4, they stayed cool to the touch even when the tunnel was hot enough to make the bedliner sticky).

Is there any harm in running them in a zero ventilation spot?

I'd hate to cook them, or start a fire, but I have honest l y never felt them warm up pushing components. The sub is a new addition, but I don't plan to push it very hard at all, merely rear fill.

Any and all advice welcome. They will literally be mounted to cold steel on the bottom and surrounded by seat foam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.