New Sub not working.......Help me troubleshoot.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kfra315
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've checked all my connections. The LED light on my Amp says its turned on but my sub is not getting any power at all. Since the amp is powering up I can assume the battery and fuse on my battery are fine. My gain is turned up a quarter of the way and the the sub volume on my headunit is turned up to +5. The sub doesnt budge. The most I got was one quick burst out of the sub while I was checkin some connections but nothing since. I know its really hard to troubleshoot without seeing it but i'm just looking for any advice. My equipment is an Alpine MRP-M1000 and a 10" Type R wired at 2 ohms. I'm heading out to check my ground wire now but I really dont think thats a problem......

HU settings? Crossover Freq?
Its a Kenwood X890. I dont have a crossover and the HU only has an LPF and HPF setting. I've set the LPF to through so that I can control the LPF directly on the amp. Also I forgot to say.......I disconnected my rear factory speakers but the sub wasnt working before I did that so I dont think that will make a difference at all.

The ground is not looking too solid so I'm gonna make a new clean ground to see if that make a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.