New Sub...... Can this get worse or will it be fine?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
I checked every other bolt area is fine its just cracked on this one in picture will pressure inside a enclosure with 1500rms eventually cause this to get worse and possibly break or will some epoxy on and around it suffice?

doubt you will have any issue. its prob am injection molded part so epoxy wont do dictionary. id heat something up and just simply melt the plastics surface on the line or leave it and i doubt itll change

A scratch? Doesn't like look a crack. It's a spider clamp ring to hold spider down. It's not going to cause any problems but it does svck since you bought it brand new. Nothing to worry about

A scratch? Doesn't like look a crack. It's a spider clamp ring to hold spider down. It's not going to cause any problems but it does svck since you bought it brand new. Nothing to worry about
yes it's hard to see in pic but it goes from front to back full crack. Do you think its got enough epoxy under it to stay strong under pressure?

if I press on it moves just a little bit not a lot. I guess I'm only asking because Idk how much pressure a enclosure makes and if I can slightly move with finger idk what a box will do.........

Make problem known to the company... Ask them if they want to exchange you with a new woofer, or if they want you to just go ahead and use the woofer you have, and since the problem is now made aware of by both party's if something does go wrong the company should replace for free.

Here's my dumb question of the week: are the spiders also glued or is the clamp ring the only thing holding the spider to the basket?

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

my friend you are over thinking it, even if it is a crack it will not get worse over time, when the sub is in use while its inside the box the only thing that is moving is the cone and everything else outside of the enclosure, the basket is a steady as can be. and pressure inside the box will not make it worse. if you wanna be sure you should throw some epoxy on there but if it were me I wouldn't go through the trouble

my friend you are over thinking it, even if it is a crack it will not get worse over time, when the sub is in use while its inside the box the only thing that is moving is the cone and everything else outside of the enclosure, the basket is a steady as can be. and pressure inside the box will not make it worse. if you wanna be sure you should throw some epoxy on there but if it were me I wouldn't go through the trouble
Uhhhh, the spider moves too. There's a lot of stress on the surface it's mounted to.

In this case, I don't think it's going to be an issue though

Uhhhh, the spider moves too. There's a lot of stress on the surface it's mounted to.
In this case, I don't think it's going to be an issue though
oops didn't know we were getting into detail.. let me elaborate. the voice coil moves, the rubber surrounding moves.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

oops didn't know we were getting into detail.. let me elaborate. the voice coil moves, the rubber surrounding moves.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Well, I'm just saying that there is stress on that area, which leads to the possibility of creating a larger problem

That's no crack....looked like someome marked it tho.
Looks more like a scratch to me too, but I don't have the sub in front of me. Might not be able to get a good picture of it :dontknow:

That's no crack....looked like someone marked it tho.
trust me its a crack pics aren't showing it but its a small crack! in pics I can totally see how one would call that a scratch but its deff cracked clear as day was from over tightening of the bolt you can see it was turned to much the rest are fine. And to the comment that only the voice coil and surround move boggles my mind............I thought spiders moved also? when I press down on the cone the spider moves with it and you can see it clearly moves near that area, that being said I don't mind using it I just wanted opinions on it because I never had a spider pack like this and wanted to see what others thought its a tiny crack figured its no biggie the rest of the sub is mint looks really nice. under that ring are the spiders already glues is that just extra support?

I wouldn't sweat it. If it bothers you that much, remove that stupid plastic piece.....it's pointless anyway to have on it. So long as the spider is glued down correctly and enough, I'd go with the flow.

I wouldn't sweat it. If it bothers you that much, remove that stupid plastic piece.....it's pointless anyway to have on it. So long as the spider is glued down correctly and enough, I'd go with the flow.
cool thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, I don't really see the point of the ring either, because the spider is glued down. Probably for cosmetics to cover the spider to basket glue-job in case it's messy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.