rebuilding 2008 hcca

Participant count
  • Participant list

bump465

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
Well some **** brake checked me on the highway. I slammed on my brakes hard and shifted the pole on one of my speakers. I got the pole realigned but it cut the voice coil and the speaker is shorted.

How do people rebuild these old orions? I would like to build it myself but have heard weird things about how the hcca is sized (ex 18 inch basket on a 15 inch woofeer.

tldr.

How would you repair it as cheap as possible? And what's the most expensives/best parts I can use to rebuild it? Not sure what route I wanna go yet.

Actually I got cut off by some grandma going 20 under the limit. I was going about 15 over... it adds up when you only got 20 feet to react.

The pole is no longer shifted. It was pryed back in place until the cone fully depresed without scratching the coil. I could take pics, but at this point it's just a normal motor with some scratches.

I had a local friend with an hcca with the same problem on his hcca and the center pole.

Kinda strange that he could just take a screwdriver and re-align the pole and use the sub again.

I had a local friend with an hcca with the same problem on his hcca and the center pole. Kinda strange that he could just take a screwdriver and re-align the pole and use the sub again.

Yeah this is actually the 4th time iv realigned the woofer. The difference is this time It gashed into the coil.

Do other woofers not work like this? Hcca is the only woofer iv owned that isn't a budget 2 inch coil (non reconable trash)

I'm mostly just looking for reassurance of what individual parts fit this odd designed woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.