New Setup

Komsan6063
10+ year member

Florida
Ok so i have finally decided to get new subwoofers and a new amp because i am so sick of RE Audio being the biggest piece of **** brand on the planet. I went through 11 subs in 2 weeks because they would basically blow after 10 mins of low gains and power. This last pair lasted me a whopping 2 months. Ive decided to get 2 12 inch kicker Comp R subs. They have a Max handling of 1600 wats each with RMS at 800 ea. I firstly need help finding an amp that will power these subs well. I dont want anything too strong because I dont want to blow yet another pair of subs. Im also looking to keep the Price under 300 dollars preferably. The second question i had was should i buy the upgraded package that comes with a ported box as seen here. Kicker 40DCWR122 Dual 12" Ported CompR (CWR) Loaded Subwoofer. I still have a 3 cubic foot box from my ****** 12s which i could use as well. Would the Kicker prefab be good since it is specifically tuned for these subs?

Also do i need 2 ohms or 4 ohms?

Thanks!

i went to 4 different audio ppl here in jacksonvile all didnt know why. all 11 replacements were free from re but itwas still obnoxious

you 1st need to figure out how and why the sub's were getting blown. You either have horrible electrical problems, or you cannot set gains properly. Ive NEVER seen any brand of sub blow that frequently unless abused or user error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.