New Setup Help

Stuewart

Hey, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Alright so I've picked out an amp and 2 sets of speakers that I'm looking at buying. My problem is, the amp I'm looking at is the kicker 400.4 and it runs at 100W on 4 channels at 2 ohms. The speakers are alpine type R coaxial 6x9s for the rear deck and alpine type S (or R, not yet decided) 6.5" components. I'm looking to run each speaker at 100w but the speakers are rated at 4 ohms. Is there any way I can run this setup at 100W per channel at 4 ohms?

I can't post the links because this is a new thread. If someone else could put a link up for Alpine 6.5" Type S Components, Alpine 6x9 Type R Coaxials, and Kicker DX 400.4 Amp, it would be much appreciated

That amp produces 50 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms. The only way would be to bridge the channels but you will only be able to run a pair of speakers this way. What is your budget and do you want loud or sound quality?

If you are look for SQ, I would go with a Alpine ( MRX-F65 ) 110 RMS X 4 at 4 Ohms.

Or if you want even better, go with there pdx line.

Another great choice would be Rockford Fosgate T400-4 60 RMS X4 at 4 Ohms

( Under Rated, More like 85 RMS x4 at 4 Ohms ).

All are very clean amps with great power that don't run super hot.

The alpine speakers are a good choice, also check out Polk Audio db and dxi series speakers, they are a great speaker for the money!,

But with any system, the cleaner the power signal, the better any speaker will sound!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Alright thanks man. I'll check those out. What do you mean 'cleaner' power signal? Just better amp? Haha sorry for all the questions. This is gonna be my first setup. I also looked a little bit into switching the speakers and sticking with that amp. I was looking at Infinity Kappa 693.9I 3-Way 6x9s. And Infinity Kappa 609CS (components) for the 6.5"s. Both sets have external crossovers and run a little more power. Plus they run at 2 ohms. Opinions?

What I mean by amps with clean power signal:

Is amps with certified RMS & peak power rating with quality components inside, that give your speakers the best quality sound. They will also have power in reserve, to give your system the best dynamic range, that way your music will sound great at all audio levels, with no distortion.

Some amps will play loud, but don't have the RMS power needed and your system will lack dynamic range. A lot of cheap amps have poor quality components, that will give your speakers a dirty audio signal, that leads to distortion & bad sounding audio, witch finally leads to speaker failure.

Try to match your speakers you choose, with a amp that matches or exceeds there RMS power handling, that way you can get the full potential out of your new system.

The infinity are good speakers, but I personally like speakers from these brands ( Polk, Alpine, Rockford, JL, Diamond, MB Quart, Rainbow, Hertz, Focal. ) but that's just my personal tastes.

You need to go out and listen to different brands, and see what you like.

Just make sure and set it up correctly, the best equipment in the world will sound like crap, if not tuned correctly.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

first off do you have a budget to work with ? i can definately tell you that for an sq set up ,spend more on the frt stage than the rear unless you just really have to have them .do a decent or nice set of components in the frt doors and either a 6x9 mid or 6.5 mids in the rear off deck power . then run the amp ,2 channel or 4 channel bridged , on the frts for more power with a cleaner sound . rears are just for fill only ,dont want the sound from there to drown out the frt stage .i can help recommend components ,rear fill and amps if you like and give prices as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.