New Set Up!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

rdlyn13000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 99 Saturn SC1, My old set up was a 10w7 running off a 1000/1 with the big 3 done and 4 gauge power and ground wires to the back. I just purchased a 12-zv3 and saz-1500, I dont have them yet but will be here in the next few days. My lights were diming pretty bad with the JL set up so Im a little concerned about this new one. My car has a 90 amp Alt. stock plus all other speakers are stock in the car but most likely I will be upgrading the front speakers this summer.

So what would you guys all recommend I do to my car to have it set-up correctly?

if you have the money then get a high out put alt and one or two extra batteries. but i had a 2k amp and a 200 watt 2 channel amp for my speakers with a stock 95 amp alt and a little kinetik hc800 in the back and my voltage never dropped below 12.3. but that is all vehicle dependent and it all depends on how much you would like to spend.

Ok so I will start with an extra battery then. I'll keep the stock AC Delco up front and add one to the rear.

How do I determine what size battery to go with in the trunk? What do the numbers mean like AH28 or what do I look for? Also I was thinking of getting a battery from sears or something local.

And will the 4 gauge be good enough?

Ok so I will start with an extra battery then. I'll keep the stock AC Delco up front and add one to the rear.
How do I determine what size battery to go with in the trunk? What do the numbers mean like AH28 or what do I look for? Also I was thinking of getting a battery from sears or something local.

And will the 4 gauge be good enough?
use 0 ga., upgrade both batts to agm, ah stands for amp hour, or how many amps the batt can provide for one hour... the higher the ah the better. and I would go with xs but that is my opinion... stay away from kinetik. but there is also diehard platinum, and c&d tech...

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

go with a group 31 in the trunk.

Ok what is group 31? And if I upgraded uder the hood what group would I go with?

Also I just looked on Kinetics website and it told me to go with an 1800, how do I determine what size I need if I go with the die hard?

Ok what is group 31? And if I upgraded uder the hood what group would I go with?
Also I just looked on Kinetics website and it told me to go with an 1800, how do I determine what size I need if I go with the die hard?
group=size. and for under the hood just measure the stock batt and find one that is close to those dimensions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.