New set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

big_rob

Hi everybody . I'm getting this new HU Pioneer avh-p5700dvd tommorrow. i'm getting a sick deal on it. . i've owned Pioneer in the past and the quality of the units are great.

I have type R components already and pioneer 4ways in the back but i'm gonna add this amp to them soon. Alpine MRP-F240

I have a sub amp already HIFONICS BX1205D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

So in a month here is what i plan on getting. 2 12 Alpine type R dual 4 in a ported box. you think this set up would be good for sql. i'm hearing great things from the new type R's. I heard them and the store with like 250 watts to them and the sounded good.I can only imagine at full capacity. I know i could go with better stuff like RE SX or XXX but im getting a Great deal on these subs and i like the way it sounds. so what do you guys think of this set up?

Also my first post. hope to post alot more.

yea i hear ya on that one. people are always gonna recommend better. but for the money that i'm paying 4 them. 160$ for a pair of decent subs. it's hard to find something better at that price.

The alpines should sound good for what you need.

Just dont throw them into a prefab ported. (I couldn't tell from your post whether you were going to buy a prefab or build your own) I suggest building your own and tuning low (28 hz - 34 hz)

Im going to a local spot close to my job where they build boxes. I'm gonna try and stick with alpine's recommendations. but i have alot of room Does Anyone has any idea if a big box would be overkill for these subs?

Im going to a local spot close to my job where they build boxes. I'm gonna try and stick with alpine's recommendations. but i have alot of room Does Anyone has any idea if a big box would be overkill for these subs?
As long as the box is designed to the subs parameters, then the box will be fine.

Obviously, if the parameters dont work, a 8 cubic foot box is not gonna sound any good for a 12" sub...

i think you will be happy with 2 type R's although i think they will need more power than 600 watts rms each, my one takes roughly 900 now or so and it loves it, it sounds loud as hell too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.