Maxima Measurements

Participant count
  • Participant list

chinny
5,000+ posts

Banned
Miami Dade
I need to know the measurements of the trunk of the 4th generation(95-99) Nissan Maxima, i have looked all over the place but i seem not to find anything. Reason i need this is because iam in the look for a new car and i need to know if my 2 SX 15's are going to fit in there.. thanks..

been there done that but i cant use the search button due to some gay restrictions.... and i cant start a thread bcuz i dont have enough posts, gayest forum ever.

0GUESS WHAT??????????

i can help ya out.......as a matter of fact my friend just put 2 mojo 15's in a 99 maxima yesterday with 2 mojo amps and let me tell u..the metal is flexing so much dynamat spray and layers dynamat extreme is not doing anything to stop the metal from rattling....that car cant hold music like that at all....but the bass was strong as hell...tha box was a bandpass tuned at 40hz....and beleive it or not he played a 29hz test tone and u should see how the metal looked on the roof....it had atleast a half inch excursion(the roof i'm talking about)

but anyway...what kind of a box do u want..sealed or ported, or bandpass let me know something

i will tell u this....in between your wheel wells in the trunk..is 33inches wide...and 18high..

been there done that but i cant use the search button due to some gay restrictions.... and i cant start a thread bcuz i dont have enough posts, gayest forum ever.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

why not post and ask? your questions will not go unnoticed- plus you can contact a moderator(most mods there are 4th gen owners) Everyone has to be a newb one time or another...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
why not post and ask? your questions will not go unnoticed- plus you can contact a moderator(most mods there are 4th gen owners) Everyone has to be a newb one time or another...
i cant post due to restrictions oin posts...

0GUESS WHAT??????????i can help ya out.......as a matter of fact my friend just put 2 mojo 15's in a 99 maxima yesterday with 2 mojo amps and let me tell u..the metal is flexing so much dynamat spray and layers dynamat extreme is not doing anything to stop the metal from rattling....that car cant hold music like that at all....but the bass was strong as hell...tha box was a bandpass tuned at 40hz....and beleive it or not he played a 29hz test tone and u should see how the metal looked on the roof....it had atleast a half inch excursion(the roof i'm talking about)

but anyway...what kind of a box do u want..sealed or ported, or bandpass let me know something

i will tell u this....in between your wheel wells in the trunk..is 33inches wide...and 18high..
though it was 40" wide and 14 high?

nope......that measurment is the width be4 the wheel wells.....14high i dont know where u got that from.......as a matter of fact....the hieght is 17 not 18 thats my bad........but even still u can fit 2 15's in there easy....

I've worked on a few 4th gen's myself....15's are doable as far as height is concerned, BUT the volume needed per sub will dictate the depth and wheather or not the enclosure can go in....you could always build it piece by piece in the trunk...

thats what my friend did...he built 2 boxes and fuse them 2gether inside the trunk.....he made the ported chamber 33wide x 17high x 14deep...and made the second chamber the same way...and that **** is knocking hard.....i'm going back over to the shop 2day hear somemore

my 92' maxima is haunted. its the hardest car ive ever worked in. and stuff always breaks. i think the car doesnt like me because we cut out the back seats and some of the frame to fit a box... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The torsion bars for the trunk only give you about 16" h when u have the trunk open. Depending on how much of the trunk ur gonna sacrifice, u could fit 2 SX's sealed and have a little trunk left. You have like 17-18" b4 u come past the rear deck, and about 25" from there to the back of the car. I'm going to b attempting 2 15" Avalanches soon, ported. If you built the enclosure inside the trunk you could probably get a lot more usuable space, it has a weird shape.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.