New school subwoofer question?

I would look at the NEP Audio Line up. Ive been looking at these lately

Was wondering if there's any new school subwoofer like The Nightshade NSV for example that would outcompete the older models?

Neo is usually gonna have more motor force and at times be lighter but they aren't night and day better than a well designed ferrite motor.

And neo isn't really "new" either.

The dd z4 iirc is still the current world record holder but at like 2500-3k each I'd rather have something else

20220207_203733.jpg
20220207_203651.jpg

Those look good.

My top pics are:

DD Audio
Pride Audio ST
Kicker Solo X
Audio Pipe
Rockford Fosgate.

Sundown Night Shade NSV.

Was wondering if there's any new school subwoofer like The Nightshade NSV for example that would outcompete the older models?
If you're not doing top level SPL competition chasing tenths you would likely never notice the difference all things being equal between a couple dozen different products. If you're fighting for extreme class and need to find an extra tenth or two, you'd probably want to audition everything.

If you're not doing top level SPL competition chasing tenths you would likely never notice the difference all things being equal between a couple dozen different products. If you're fighting for extreme class and need to find an extra tenth or two, you'd probably want to audition everything.

Basically 140DB+ is better SPL style.

The reason I made this thread is that I didn't hear Sundown Audio in person. I'm pretty sure it's a new brand and the depth looks insane!

But Audiopipe I think might have better transitions between frequencies.

Still hard to believe it until seen/heard in person.

The sundown looks like a one trick subwoofer. But tuned to 26-28hz the night Shade NSV might win SPL.

For me low HZ SPL is everything.

🗽
Rebassed music is way better than the original.

Basically 140DB+ is better SPL style.

The reason I made this thread is that I didn't hear Sundown Audio in person. I'm pretty sure it's a new brand and the depth looks insane!

But Audiopipe I think might have better transitions between frequencies.

Still hard to believe it until seen/heard in person.

The sundown looks like a one trick subwoofer. But tuned to 26-28hz the night Shade NSV might win SPL.

For me low HZ SPL is everything.

🗽
Rebassed music is way better than the original.

Lol sundown has been around since 05 I believe. The neo subs are at least 10year old since the first revision.

And don't even compare audiopoop to sundown 2 completely separate leagues

and a 140db isn't loud not even close. That single 712 you run should be at least 140db if you did even a hair of a good job at designing and building the box.

Lol sundown has been around since 05 I believe. The neo subs are at least 10year old since the first revision.

And don't even compare audiopoop to sundown 2 completely separate leagues

and a 140db isn't loud not even close. That siangle 712 you run should be at least 140db if you did even a hair of a good job at designing and building the box.

Haven't spent hundreds on a meter yet but I'm estimating its more than the average enclosure.

So how does Sundown compare to the DD712?

Last edited:
Infinite baffle is on my bucket list!

How does the Subs (FS) play into the infinite baffle output?
Looks like the desired curve for me but only satisfied with 28-33hz output!

I read infinite baffle subwoofers need the Qts above.50 as far as qualified specs. Otherwise enclosure is needed.

What's subwoofer are you going to use?

✊🏽

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-145009.png
    Screenshot_20221113-145009.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jake321

CarAudio.com Recruit