New Line of Linear Power Amps Available this Spring

Really? Do the internet douche bag witch hunters ever take a break and build a life of their own, or do they spend every waking minute trying to play detectives with no viable information for backing. If our country worked the way the internet forums do, 95% of the people in prison would actually be innocent instead of just claiming they are.

Here are the facts to this case. Let me state that the detective in FL. that investigated this case told me the police officer that responded to the "owners" home was a rookie, made many mistakes, and there was a good chance the "owner" of this amp played a switcheroo before the officer came. He also informed me the so called "owner" of this amp has a pretty extensive criminal history himself. In other words, the detective was not pleased to even be helping this guy. I was an innocent pawn in this whole game of scumbag chess.

1.) This story was embellished by the poster simply because I wouldn't work with him. Why you ask? I listed the amp on ebay and it sold within 30 minutes. This guy had his friend purchase it from me with a credit card (because he had no money), and never even asked me a question about it. He was running a scam from the beginning to get it back in his possession. He never contacted me once to take the amp down as he states in his "story". Then he sent me numerous emails after he received the amp back threatening me for information, calling me names, etc. Then he wonders why I wouldn't communicate with him. I did work with the detective, and I have the police report as well. Paypal refunded the payment I made to the guy I bought the amp from as a good gesture seeing as I went through all this trouble at no fault of my own.

2.) I didn't know anything about the amp being stolen (and still have my doubts that it was). I purchased the amp from a guy on craigslist who lives in Florida, who's information was given to the detective on the case. The guy who claims that it was stolen from him does live in Florida. I live in NY. Now tell me how I did anything wrong here. I had no clue the amp was questionable at all, and I live on the other side of the country.

If anything can be learned from this, it would be some things being sold on craigslist are stolen. Not that I am some crook because I bought something that turned out to be stolen. Now almost 3 years later this guy still has a grudge with me because I purchased his amp on craigslist and knew nothing about it's history.

You guys are clearly going to make me rich, or at least going to put yourselves in debt making all these accusations that cannot be backed with solid proof that will hold up in court. One defamation case is pending, so it can happen to you to.

Can't afford it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
As I sit here, I can't help but wonder why a so called SQ amplifier only has one gain control. Anyone care to answer that one?
First off we use a 10% pot instead of the industry standard of 20%, then we match the pots before using them, and our circuit is very closely matched, there is less than 3 millivolts difference at worst case between the tracking of each channel. SECONDLY, we offer the amps with the option of NO GAIN CONTROL and a dip header for a plug in chip set to set gain EXACTLY to headunit.

First off we use a 10% pot instead of the industry standard of 20%, then we match the pots before using them, and our circuit is very closely matched, there is less than 3 millivolts difference at worst case between the tracking of each channel. SECONDLY, we offer the amps with the option of NO GAIN CONTROL and a dip header for a plug in chip set to set gain EXACTLY to headunit.
slurp slurp

It is not the level matching between the channels on the amplifier that I was questioning and I get your point. My point is that without the ability to adjust the gain on each channel, the tweeter that is 46 centimeters from my head is going to play much louder than the tweeter that is 206 centimeters away from my head. That was the reason behind me questioning the single gain since a large number of the amplifiers costing more than $6 USD per watt have one gain per channel of amplification.

It is not the level matching between the channels on the amplifier that I was questioning and I get your point. My point is that without the ability to adjust the gain on each channel, the tweeter that is 46 centimeters from my head is going to play much louder than the tweeter that is 206 centimeters away from my head. That was the reason behind me questioning the single gain since a large number of the amplifiers costing more than $6 USD per watt have one gain per channel of amplification.
If this poses a problem for you, you can always buy a head unit that has level controls for each channel. I know my 9960 has them.

I've learned alot in this thread...about a wide variety of subjects.

I haven't been convinced to buy a new LP amp though. But, I freely admit to not having heard one yet either.

I will say that I have owned a fair number of amplifiers since jumping into the hobby back in 1987. A good 95% of them have sounded very good to excellent. It seems a safe bet that even in 2012 no sonic breakthru has been made that would justify some pretty steep pricepoints. At this point I think we are down to talking about footprint, efficency and electrical demands. Maybe a few bells and whistles thrown in as well. But, nothing that would change the game.

Again, I wish good luck to anyone in America who employs Americans to make American products.

I've learned alot in this thread...about a wide variety of subjects. I haven't been convinced to buy a new LP amp though. But, I freely admit to not having heard one yet either.

I will say that I have owned a fair number of amplifiers since jumping into the hobby back in 1987. A good 95% of them have sounded very good to excellent. It seems a safe bet that even in 2012 no sonic breakthru has been made that would justify some pretty steep pricepoints. At this point I think we are down to talking about footprint, efficency and electrical demands. Maybe a few bells and whistles thrown in as well. But, nothing that would change the game.

Again, I wish good luck to anyone in America who employs Americans to make American products.
You hit the nail on the head with your points. If it doesn't fit under the seats or occupies more than 2 cubic feet of my trunk, including the subwoofer enclosure, I don't want it. After all, it's just car audio where unequal path lengths, reflections, refractions, extraneous noise variables, distractions, and multitude of other things get in the way of actually enjoying the music. Instead of chasing the ultimate SQ pipe dream in a freaking car, I just go for making it sound as good as I can knowing full well the limitations of the environment I chose to aggravate myself to no ends with! Speaking of environment, if you don't have control over your listening environment, the battle for SQ is already lost!

Now I see why most on this forum go for SPL... It's way easier to pull off in a car. If you can't control your environment, the next best option is to power your way through it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A massive threadjack and alot of butthurt...?
Come on now... How is this thread any different than the typical response to a JL Audio thread where multiple posters eventually jump in and say "There is better for less" 100s of different ways?

How do they compare to the power and sonic qualities of the old 2.2HVs?
According to the guys themselves, they state the LP2150 will exceed the 2.2hv in power especially in the lower frequency ranges where the 2.2hv started to drop off. The new amps are supposed to absolutely stomp on all the old amps as far as sound quality but still have the same sonic characteristics as the old amps; just increased in detail.

According to the guys themselves, they state the LP2150 will exceed the 2.2hv in power especially in the lower frequency ranges where the 2.2hv started to drop off. The new amps are supposed to absolutely stomp on all the old amps as far as sound quality but still have the same sonic characteristics as the old amps; just increased in detail.
ZOMG, are you admitting that the older amplifiers lacked power output in the low frequency range? Really? After berating me on every forum saying I didn't know what I was talking about while accusing me of making unproven, false accusations when I complained about my problems with the old school Linear Power amplifiers cutting out while reproducing modern electronic music? Say it isn't so...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.