NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

hondacivic94
10+ year member

Hey my names alex i currently live in england was born in atlanta my friend told me about this website said its the best place to get audio stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Am trying to get a amp that can power my solo x 18'' rms am looking at 2500 to 5000. Trying to stay within all the major brands only reason is that it makes me feel safe. If any one sees a Rockford Fostgate going let me know please!

Need help big time because currently the only thing holding me back is my amp! So please HELP ME OUT!

I do not no much about RF pricing myself because I feel there are better options for the money. Also trying to squeeze that 18 into the trunk of a civic coupe is going to be a challenge, unless your planning on doing a wall (which will be even more of a challenge lol)
what would u recommend? Am just afraid to go wit a brand i dont know

Audio pipe makes solid amps for really cheap, If you want to spend a little more you should get a pair of discus 1500.1 amps I run mine at .5 ohms all day (they are rated at 1ohm) beat the tar out of these amps and they just keep going. But anyway you can "strap" them together to function as one amp.

Yeah, Audiopipe amps are good for the price. If you want a little more beefy amplifier, something like an AQ 2200 would work nice in your application. A brand new audioque 2200 is 390 plus shipping directly from AQ.

Yeah, Audiopipe amps are good for the price. If you want a little more beefy amplifier, something like an AQ 2200 would work nice in your application. A brand new audioque 2200 is 390 plus shipping directly from AQ.
Gonna need some extra batteries to go with that amp.

This makes me sick...
GL with your build
I was gonna let that one lay.

The people here are quite knowledgeable, and while I'm a huge fan of sticking to what I know works, most of these people have had real world experience with this equipment and would only tell you to get it if they have had good experiences with it themselves.

If you want an amp to make that kind of power in your price range, you are probably going to have to move away from you more well known brands or hold out for a long time as you hunt for steals. I'd sell you my 2 Kicker KX1200.1s, but even at that, I'm probably still a hundred or so out of where you want to be.

I 2nd this.. and dude you need to start researching so you know what the h3ll you are doing. I hate to be the *** to call you out but even if you get everyone to give you every bit of advice, I guarantee you will be lost if you try to build,assemble, and install a box for a sub. Let alone **** your amp up..

Gonna need some extra batteries to go with that amp.

I was gonna let that one lay.
Did I not catch myself?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

It just hurts a little inside when people know not what they stumble on for a good price. If OP does this right, especially in that car, he could have a beast.

The people here are quite knowledgeable, and while I'm a huge fan of sticking to what I know works, most of these people have had real world experience with this equipment and would only tell you to get it if they have had good experiences with it themselves.
If you want an amp to make that kind of power in your price range, you are probably going to have to move away from you more well known brands or hold out for a long time as you hunt for steals. I'd sell you my 2 Kicker KX1200.1s, but even at that, I'm probably still a hundred or so out of where you want to be.
If its not rockford or kicker it aint no good.

I 2nd this.. and dude you need to start researching so you know what the h3ll you are doing. I hate to be the *** to call you out but even if you get everyone to give you every bit of money, I guarantee you will be lost if you try to build,assemble, and install a box for a sub. Let alone **** your amp up..
bcae1.com and the stickies at the tops of the forums here. read now because i can already smell burnt sub from a clipped amp. I can tell you all day to get his amp or that battery but if you dont know how to use it properly then it wont do any good.

Thatd be like giving soulja boy a "lambo", He has a nice piece of equipment but its either going to be a total waste or its going to get ruined.

Again. Dont be soulja boy.

my friend is doing it for me so dont need to worry about building and setting up
Lame. Learn to do it with him or by yourself like a man.. Mommy wont be there to hold your hand every time you need assistance haha

yea of course he isnt doing it by himself its my chance to learn n u think am going to give it up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Screw all that...

.. If you're on a Budget - Go with the " Power Acoustik STAX 5500/1D "

The amp is AMAZINGLY powerful & CLEAN!

... (5) 40a fusing - (2) Power Inputs, (2) Ground Inputs, & (2) Remote Inputs ... You can put 0ga in the power inputs ( fyi )... Speaker wire inputs can take 8ga ( if you like big wire for subs )... The amp is 1ohm stable - and WILL NOT get hot - & I must say again: THERE IS PLENTY POWER IN THIS AMP!

... You can get it for like $200 - $250 Shipped - The amp will give you 3200rms PLUS @ 1ohm

I have a 12v Car ( 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE ) - STOCK ALT. (90amps ) - 0ga wiring ( including Big 3 in 0gauge ) - And I'm getting 13.9v @ the back battery ( I have 2 batteries ). I don't drop below 11.1v...

Did I not catch myself?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
It just hurts a little inside when people know not what they stumble on for a good price. If OP does this right, especially in that car, he could have a beast.
im swappin that kx1200 for a solo x 10 and 50 bucks. good stuff?

and dude ur talking about running a sub that wants like 15 cubic feet of boxness in a civic. and you dont wanna spend much on an amp that needs to push a sub rated for 5000 rms but will actually take 10 daily. no matter what you do, you are gonna be puttin a ton of money into your car. ill tell u what, trade me that solo x 18 ill send you a solo x 10, you pay overseas shipping on both and we will call it even.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hondacivic94

10+ year member
hondacivic94
England London
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from