NEW GUY and i really need a good amp for a solo x 18''

hondacivic94
10+ year member

Hey my names alex i currently live in england was born in atlanta my friend told me about this website said its the best place to get audio stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Am trying to get a amp that can power my solo x 18'' rms am looking at 2500 to 5000. Trying to stay within all the major brands only reason is that it makes me feel safe. If any one sees a Rockford Fostgate going let me know please!

Need help big time because currently the only thing holding me back is my amp! So please HELP ME OUT!

Running that much power will require electical upgrades. You will want to look into upgrading your alternator and adding a battery or batteries.

But do you have a large enough alternator, or enough batteries to support that much amplifier power?
yea i asked a few members and they gave me some good advice about upgrading my car. I drive a honda civic lsi coupe 1994 1.5. You can give me some advice if you want. well it would be great for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well a general rule of thumb is you need 75amps for every 1000 watts RMS you plan on running. As far as specific upgrades for a 5000 watt system, I would say 2 good group 3100 batteries in back and a 220 amp or so alternator.

yea i asked a few members and they gave me some good advice about upgrading my car. I drive a honda civic lsi coupe 1994 1.5. You can give me some advice if you want. well it would be great for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well I can tell you this if you're running your stock alt you might as well just buy those amps and give them to someone because your alternator is not going to be able to keep up with the current those amps need and therefor they will go up in a puff of smoke.

Well a general rule of thumb is you need 75amps for every 1000 watts RMS you plan on running. As far as specific upgrades for a 5000 watt system, I would say 2 good group 3100 batteries in back and a 220 amp or so alternator.
how much you think the batteries would cost me?

Well I can tell you this if you're running your stock alt you might as well just buy those amps and give them to someone because your alternator is not going to be able to keep up with the current those amps need and therefor they will go up in a puff of smoke.
this is true and it would cost me more money to keep replacing it. I jsut got a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd for 450 plus shipping to the uk is that good?

this is true and it would cost me more money to keep replacing it. I jsut got a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd for 450 plus shipping to the uk is that good?
Better spend the rest of that cash you got on an alt, I know your stocker is under 100 amps, and 2500 watts is gonna draw wayyyyyyyy more than 100 amps.

I would stick to 1 2500, and see how you like that. Dang, beat me to it again, use rest of your amp money to upgrade your alternator. My stock accord alternator put out something like 60 amps (one of smallest on the market), if I remember right.

I would stick to 1 2500, and see how you like that. Dang, beat me to it again, use rest of your amp money to upgrade your alternator. My stock accord alternator put out something like 60 amps if I remember right.

haha wht did i beat you with this time?Thanks for the advice everyone! But what do u think with it only doing 2500 rms? the sub is capable of 5000rms :s

Nah limited, with his suggestion to upgrade your alternator with the rest of your money. That is the best choice you could make. It will be wired to 1 ohm, which is perfect for 1 RF 2500. With a nice altnernator, your system will be plenty loud, if you can get the box to fit in your trunk that is. If this is your first system, I think that 2500 RMS on 1 18 will be enough to make you sh*t your pants. If you want more power then that, buying a 2nd RF 2500 will be basically useless to you because of how you will have to wire it. The audiopipe aqx3500 that was suggested would give you more power, but then you will need to spend even more in electrical upgrades.

haha wht did i beat you with this time?Thanks for the advice everyone! But what do u think with it only doing 2500 rms? the sub is capable of 5000rms :s
My sub is capable of seeing 1500 if it wanted too, but with it being a svc 4 ohm, it only sees about 600. The box was built a little bit bigger to help with the efficiency on lower power. Theres other ways you can do things to help out the sub with lower power. Any single sub on 2500 watts should sound good.

Nah limited, with his suggestion to upgrade your alternator with the rest of your money. That is the best choice you could make. It will be wired to 1 ohm, which is perfect for 1 RF 2500. With a nice altnernator, your system will be plenty loud, if you can get the box to fit in your trunk that is. If this is your first system, I think that 2500 RMS on 1 18 will be enough to make you sh*t your pants.
well this is the advice that i need! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but what do u think of price? 450?

I do not no much about RF pricing myself because I feel there are better options for the money. Also trying to squeeze that 18 into the trunk of a civic coupe is going to be a challenge, unless your planning on doing a wall (which will be even more of a challenge lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hondacivic94

10+ year member
hondacivic94
England London
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from