new car

From
https://www.edmunds.com/nissan/versa-note/2014/features-specs/ nor
I'm not seeing that your car has Bluetooth unless their data is incomplete. Which package is it?
Versa Note. I saw the bluetooth connection in my schematic, but I haven't seen it inside the car. I'll have to research more. The car has push to talk.

Uggghhhh.... Ive been working on this steering wheel control now for weeks. Today I spent most of the day on the phone with Crutchfield and with Metra. I was walked through the entire install, which was fine btw. We programmed it manually and I still got the same results. Every steering wheel control works, but it performs the wrong action. We unplugged, wiggled, and juggled the 3.5mm plug a million times. I even tried 2 different modules. I have the same error every time. According to Metra, ehich seemed to be the most knowledgeable of anyone... The issue is with the head unit. That makes sense to me, but in order to check that, I have to send off this unit and have it sent back. I dont have time for that and don't want to wait. Im going to go into bestbuy and see what they say. Ughhh. Frustrating.

Uggghhhh.... Ive been working on this steering wheel control now for weeks. Today I spent most of the day on the phone with Crutchfield and with Metra. I was walked through the entire install, which was fine btw. We programmed it manually and I still got the same results. Every steering wheel control works, but it performs the wrong action. We unplugged, wiggled, and juggled the 3.5mm plug a million times. I even tried 2 different modules. I have the same error every time. According to Metra, ehich seemed to be the most knowledgeable of anyone... The issue is with the head unit. That makes sense to me, but in order to check that, I have to send off this unit and have it sent back. I dont have time for that and don't want to wait. Im going to go into bestbuy and see what they say. Ughhh. Frustrating.
Wow sorry to hear that. I know each of those modules have different settings for different brands of head units, but I've never had the misfortune of one that didn't do the right actions so I haven't had to explore the more custom settings. I thought the way they worked usually was you would select the action and then press the button and it would detect it, kinda like a key binding in a program but jankier. Pioneer HUs are some of the most ubiquitous options that you'd think they'd fully support. Is the assumption maybe that the HU is defective or that this unit is just different than the others in the pioneer lineup?

I havent gotten anywhere with Pioneer. They want me to send the head unit to a special division and have them look at it. Im not too keen on that. It will take a month or more. Im hoping to get into the store I bought it from (bestbuy) and discuss options with them. Hopefully t hey can give me some insight. I really shouldn't have to wait for something ive only had a few weeks.

I havent gotten anywhere with Pioneer. They want me to send the head unit to a special division and have them look at it. Im not too keen on that. It will take a month or more. Im hoping to get into the store I bought it from (bestbuy) and discuss options with them. Hopefully t hey can give me some insight. I really shouldn't have to wait for something ive only had a few weeks.
For sure, I wouldn't bother with Pioneer honestly. They have a pretty bad reputation for customer service. Best Buy is going to be infinitely more helpful and they often do installs using metra kits so they'll at least be able to tell you whether something is or isn't normal.

Update on this. I was starting to feel like a crazy lady. Anyhow....i talked to metra a few times, but it was a nice lady from crutchfield that cross referenced the connectjons with another sweet. THEY WERE DIFFERENT! There mustve been a misprint. Anyhow, they sent me a pac swc. Hooked it up an voila! It worked. However, the push to talk button is not accessing my phone. Any suggestions on this? I plugged in the little plug for the blue tooth control. Is that a start? Should I try it without it?

Update on this. I was starting to feel like a crazy lady. Anyhow....i talked to metra a few times, but it was a nice lady from crutchfield that cross referenced the connectjons with another sweet. THEY WERE DIFFERENT! There mustve been a misprint. Anyhow, they sent me a pac swc. Hooked it up an voila! It worked. However, the push to talk button is not accessing my phone. Any suggestions on this? I plugged in the little plug for the blue tooth control. Is that a start? Should I try it without it?
Awesome, I've had pretty good experience with Crutchfield as well when the manufacturers aren't so great. I'm afraid you've surpassed my familiarity with this. I've never used a metra kit to success completely from start to finish, it always required some finicky nonsense but my experience with that is exactly 2 kits. The instructions on the Bluetooth control for me worked right out of the gate. So long as the SWC is set up to treat the PTT button as a PTT button it should be using the microphone in the car to interact with the head unit which will then interact with Bluetooth devices. Might be a setting issue in either the phone or the HU unless PTT isn't working for commands that don't require the phone. If not I'd look to the Bluetooth module, yeah.

GOT IT! WOOHOO... Turns out it was doing whatvit was suplosed to do. I wanted to be able to say "call so and so". But I guess this radio doesn't support that? I press the phone button the phone book shows up. I guess i wanted more.
I had to manually program rhe module. In the directions they didn't say to have all of the dip switches in the up position. Little details have been rhe death of me.

Good job on getting it all sorted out. It’s always a good feeling to get it all done and it’s up and running. It ***** having to call all the support centers but I agree Crutchfield has always been the most helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.