new build

18s? 15s **** sauce..
eh im more than content, hurts my ears enough and im louder than 99% of people. any more than that and it just becomes unreasonable for a daily driver.

we'll see when i get a beater car, though

The vital works because they chose a good, existing board from S&I. Same board as the Alphard 7500.

The Fix might be the biggest flop of a large amp ever. RD fucked up on the rd3250v2......by going Chinese. I have the v1, good amp. Same board as SAZ3k. They tried to get sneaky and go to China. Same board that was later used by Audiopipe in AQX 3500

Few more pieces and the fibglassing the trim panels. To keep the port and subs from cancelling will be tricky but I have a plan

iJw8miO.jpg

curious to see how everyone does the trim panels. i use a compass and carefully transfer the curves to a piece of plywood and then cut and use the rubber foam weather seal. trim panels tomorrow and more on the port. enforcing the roof/sunroof..

FOR trim panels I take a piece of card board and trim it to fit then I have a template

Works good and you can see what it’s going to look like beforehand

Looks good so far

FOR trim panels I take a piece of card board and trim it to fit then I have a template Works good and you can see what it’s going to look like beforehand

Looks good so far
used to do that then a carpenter showed me this trick. compass to image the structure(ill take a small video) its as good as you can cut. its really ruff and its far from perfect but its very solid. i have bracing right next to the woofers right(drivers side) and some defractionf panels in the box to break up standing waves. i'm being lazy right now. i'm about to eat nap and work on it. slept yesterday and got called in for work. it will be clean when finished. i also am going to mix fiberglass with sawdust and coat the corners. i'm not really in a rush because i know ill **** it up. i'm stupidly impatient and cut corners. not this time.

thanks for the kind words. its pretty ugly but its going to be extremely strong when its done. also for the sides i'm adding another sheet to help strengthen it. the port will have some unique bracing as well..

fyi peeps i tried the two "best" adhesives supposedly on the shelf. liquidnails fuze it and locktite 8x. the fuze it is silicon based and its a better "sealant" the 8x is a ****** adhesive but is much more porous and gets a **** ton harder. its a toss up really. i think they are both more than adequate. i'm going to try the 3x and see if its a medium between the two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.